• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:39:48 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta17

Started by PiBoSo, February 02, 2022, 01:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

MX Bikes beta17 available:
http://www.mx-bikes.com/?page=news

Download:
http://www.mx-bikes.com/?page=downloads
( mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )

How to update:
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1914.0

MX Bikes is also available on Steam Early Access:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/655500/MX_Bikes/
It is possible to convert the standalone license to a Steam key at this link:
http://stats.mx-bikes.com/steam.php

PiBoSo

February 02, 2022, 01:28:03 PM #1 Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 11:55:49 PM by PiBoSo
Release Notes
- Replays and trainers are not compatible with previous versions

- The kit and gloves paints must be moved under the "rider\riders\default_mx\paints" and "rider\riders\default_mx\gloves" mods folders

- The plugins interface has been changed: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=96.msg47940#msg47940
-- Plugins for previous versions do not work and need to be updated

- Code has been added to try to prevent the bike from riding on its own after a crash. Please report if it doesn't work as expected or if it causes unrealistic behav

- Increased the FOV max setting to 130
- The pitch setting now works in VR, too
- It should now be possible to enable Free Look and Corner Anticipation at the same time
- The external view lateral offset setting is now enabled pressing shift + tab instead of shift + v

- The onboard aerodynamic sound has been tuned
- Bike fork models now aligned when changing the offset
- The terrain rendering LOD has been increased when the "Model Detail" graphics setting is "High"
- The stock kit fonts have been revised

- Textures are now cached, after they have been read for the first time, for faster loading times.
Please note that the caching only works if the textures quality is set at 4, the default value: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=198.msg6109#msg6109
The cache files are saved in "Documents"\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\cache\textures\

- The classification should now be updated after each split
- Revised the supermoto race start procedure, adding a red flag

- Dedicated server:
-- Fixed the lap bookmarks of the server replays
-- Fixed the track timer in the server replays
-- Parsing of whitelist and blacklist now continues even if a GUID is missing or invalid

- Support for a "shared" pitboard paint has been added. The file must be saved as "pitboard.pnt" in the "misc/pitboard/" folder, either in the installation or the "mods" directory

- Missing bikes are now listed when trying to load a replay
- Added the possibility to set a negative trainer lead
- Added the number of pits to the track info
- It is now possible to steer the bike in photo mode using the left and right arrow keys ( up arrow to reset to center )
- A button has been added to the Profiles page to copy the GUID to the clipboard

- The profile file, if corrupted, is now automatically restored from a backup that is generated at start-time

Modding
- The mod bikes' registration must be updated because the tyres and rider physics data has been changed: https://stats.mx-bikes.com/bikereg.php
- The "code" parameter is no longer needed in the INI file of bikes, bike fonts, helmet cams, boots and suit fonts
- Supermoto bikes should have the "rider_type = sm" line in the INI file, under "data"
- Helmets, boots and protections can now be limited to a specific rider model
- The "steer" line under the "photo" section of the track INI file is now unused and can be removed
- It is now possible to create new rider physics with different weight
- Added support for dedicated animations for each rider model
- Added support for sky and fog in the main menu background scene
- Added support for textures and objects animations in the main menu background scene
- Revised the environment sound effects file format ( examples can be found in the stock Nevada files )
- The garage image and bike logo can now be painted
- Live timing has been improved: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=233.msg47979#msg47979
- A new optional sound parameter, "rolloff_factor", has been added to allow to tune the volume drop with distance. The default value is 1. Example:
engine
{
 scl = engine.scl
 min_distance = 3
 rolloff_factor = 1
 pos
 {
 x = 0.13
 y = 0.9
 z = -0.8
 }
 max_rpm = 14000
 IdleThrottle = 0.077
 blend_exp = 1.5
 limiter
 {
 wav = 250cc_limiter.wav
 volume = 0.8
 }
}

elwood96

Is there anyway to view old replays other than buying a standalone key and running beta16 standalone?

Would this even work?

Enjoying the update so far, the slow physics feel much better along with the front wheel feeling much more planted!

Great job fellas!

Jaccobtruax571

February 03, 2022, 12:49:58 AM #3 Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:24:24 AM by Jaccobtruax571
Wasnt an issue after the pacth yesterday, but today I cannot join a lobby without getting mismatch bike error. I am running the standard OEM 2021 bikes with mods for the kits.

Update had to delete tires mods. Could just be having an off day but the making minor directional adjust in air with bike lean seams to be off. If I dont whip I cant adjust the rear.

PiBoSo

Form Forza

its not fun to play and I don't care if you have 50 hours or 2000 hours, is bad, landing is bad traction is bad, the 250 doesn't have any power or at least cant get it to the ground, witch makes 90% of the tracks no longer rideable, if you don't believe me try mantua. is not fun, I get it if your tryin got slow the game down but the slow physics are not good ether. the air physics are bad too. you would think with 80% of the community wanting the old physics back you should do something about it especially as this is pibosos most popular game. we need a fix. if your one of those people saying its not that bad stop lying to yourself, I get the developer's are trying but we shouldn't reward them with bad improvements.

PS19

February 04, 2022, 11:32:57 AM #7 Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 11:46:31 AM by PS19
Not gonna lie my biggest wish right now is to get my old MX Bikes back. Game feels like slow motion since the new update. I Have 400+ hours in the game, but i didn't play one single hour since this new weird and bad physics came out. Love to see the love for our game but man this was a step backwards.

Edit: On top comes that I cant join an olnine lobby because my game crashes all the time!!!! Never happended before!

PizzaChet

You are a rare case and good luck getting an older version. It sounds like a computer issue. What potato are you running?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Midbeck

The funniest part of this beta release is how painfully obvious it is that most people have no actual idea what physics are and the fact that they think they have bought a full AAA game that's already finished.
Awesome steps forward as always Piboso!
#DirtyEuro

Rockchalice3875KTM

Quote from: PS19 on February 04, 2022, 11:32:57 AMNot gonna lie my biggest wish right now is to get my old MX Bikes back. Game feels like slow motion since the new update. I Have 400+ hours in the game, but i didn't play one single hour since this new weird and bad physics came out. Love to see the love for our game but man this was a step backwards.

Edit: On top comes that I cant join an olnine lobby because my game crashes all the time!!!! Never happended before!
the physics are fine lol get good

teeds

Quote from: elwood96 on February 02, 2022, 02:07:10 PMIs there anyway to view old replays other than buying a standalone key and running beta16 standalone?

I think you can run replays in the demo, worth a try. I have a beta16 link if you need it.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

slowbro

Quote from: Midbeck on February 04, 2022, 03:24:20 PMThe funniest part of this beta release is how painfully obvious it is that most people have no actual idea what physics are and the fact that they think they have bought a full AAA game that's already finished.

Explain yourself, exactly what steps were forward? You can't just criticize other people without supporting any of your arguments. Saying it's a beta doesn't mean anything. The game was better before and now it's worse. Being a beta doesn't justify this, but sure it is a work in progress.

This game now feels like you are on ice, no traction, can barely land a jump. Anytime I'm on the throttle the rear is trying to slide out and results with a high side crash. I haven't played in awhile so the air physics don't feel super bad, but something feels off.

Midbeck

Quote from: slowbro on February 04, 2022, 09:22:43 PM
Quote from: Midbeck on February 04, 2022, 03:24:20 PMThe funniest part of this beta release is how painfully obvious it is that most people have no actual idea what physics are and the fact that they think they have bought a full AAA game that's already finished.

Explain yourself, exactly what steps were forward? You can't just criticize other people without supporting any of your arguments. Saying it's a beta doesn't mean anything. The game was better before and now it's worse. Being a beta doesn't justify this, but sure it is a work in progress.

This game now feels like you are on ice, no traction, can barely land a jump. Anytime I'm on the throttle the rear is trying to slide out and results with a high side crash. I haven't played in awhile so the air physics don't feel super bad, but something feels off.
I can do whatever I want  ;)

You say it was better before and worse now, yet you list a bunch of things that just prove that you are bad at the game.
And yes the fact that it's a beta would justify that, the game is in TESTING. Not all test turn out how you hoped.
I swear some of you people are so spoiled.
#DirtyEuro

PizzaChet

Quote from: Midbeck on February 04, 2022, 10:06:12 PMI swear some of you people are so stupid.
FTFY. It's all the rage to rail against whatever right now! Sounds like BF2042 rage!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.