• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:41:22 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta17 - Feedback Thread

Started by iNsane, February 02, 2022, 02:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oggpeg

February 06, 2022, 11:59:34 AM #30 Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 12:02:53 PM by Oggpeg
The main issue now is that it's nearly impossible to join any online session.

After 17c update. The game either crashes or stays stuck syncing forever. It has taken me hours to join a session.

Updates after b16 have made online playing very difficult

smithman

Quote from: Oggpeg on February 06, 2022, 11:59:34 AMThe main issue now is that it's nearly impossible to join any online session.

After 17c update. The game either crashes or stays stuck syncing forever. It has taken me hours to join a session.

Updates after b16 have made online playing very difficult

Yupp same here.

OldGreg84

Another 1 for revert to Beta16 traction.

Everything else feels great.

Unless someone can magically rescale every track so you don't have to be a pro 250 rider to clear jumps again. IDC how hard or easy the game is I just want to have fun on it, and I no longer do. Would be happy playing the beta16 version alone for eternity.

If anyone is aware of a way to revert back to Beta16 ide love to know about it.

Some_Doofus

February 11, 2022, 01:25:29 PM #33 Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 01:27:51 PM by Some_Doofus
After taking plenty of time to actually get used to the changes before slamming them for just feeling unfamiliar like so many others have, I'll give my 2 cents on the update.

Air Controls:
Many have said that the B17 air physics are harder to control, inverted or even just unusable, and I wholeheartedly disagree. If you think the air controls are unresponsive, you can't bring back whips and scrubs or think rider lean is inverted, sorry but you need to get gud.
The way rider lean affects the bike in the air did not change for B17, so if you understood how it worked before you probably won't have a problem. But if you're used to relying on bike lean instead of rider lean then B17 probably makes the bike feel unresponsive because bike lean no longer does anything in the air (nor should it). You may have tried using rider lean to adapt, but with hundreds of hours controlling the bike the wrong way it will take time to break old habits and relearn air control. It will feel unfamiliar, you'll probably think it's inverted, you will probably think the update is bad because you aren't as good as you were before, then you'll say the update should be reverted because you were impatient and didn't take time to learn properly. If this sounds like you, git gud and keep reading.

L/R rider lean in the air is not inverted, your perspective of it is. It controls the bike the same way F/B rider lean does. Leaning forward actually brings the front up because the rider pulls on the bars to lean forward. Leaning one way will always push the bars the opposite way. It's Newton's 3rd Law, equal and opposite reactions. The same applies with L/R lean. Rider leans left, he pushes bike to the right and vice versa. That's why when you do a whip steering left, leaning rider to the right makes it bigger (pushing the bars further left makes the rear swing further right) and leaning rider left again brings it back (pushing the bars back to the right straightens the bike). The same applies for scrubs.
Once you understand this the air controls become a lot more intuitive, and with practice you will probably have better control than before.
All that said, unfortunately the rider F/B lean is about 50% weaker than before because the assist basically doubled both rider lean axes. That is my only real gripe with the new controls, but I'm sure this will be adjusted in the future. The physics also need an update to fix the weird air gyro/momentum and 360 bug (this is why oppos don't work anymore. The gyro was never perfect but the assist was strong enough to overpower it.)

Traction/ground physics:
I think the traction changes are a big improvement, mainly because we had way too much traction before, but paired with the improved ground physics sliding feels much more natural and predictable. You can slide the rear into corners more predictably making steering with your rear a possibility, which I love. Ruts are also more predictable because you tend to slide back into them instead of climbing up the inside or outside edge, which I love. Throttle control is much more important than before, which I love. Sand also feels much more like sand (albeit very loose sand), which I love.

The only con with the ground physics is higher powered bikes are kind of crippled by the reduction of traction, and I think that's mostly down to the the large gap in amount of grip before and after you break traction. It's kind of hard to explain, but you look at this graph, the red line is how it feels now, and the blue line is more what I think it should feel like.
Basically it should be easier to break traction, but once you do you shouldn't lose so much. The way it is now kind of feels like tarmac or hard pack where you lose almost all traction once you break it, but soft soils there should be a smaller jump in traction level because the tyre digs into the dirt even when it's spinning or sliding. The softer or looser a soil is the easier it should be to break traction, but the less traction you should lose once you do imo. I'm sure this wouldn't be easy to simulate properly, but that's what I think we should aim for.

TL,DR: If you can't handle new air controls, get gud it's not broken. Lean isn't inverted, you're just thinking about it wrong. Ground physics are better. Traction is improved but could be much better. Update definitely shouldn't be reverted, it should be tuned and built upon.

jtrs_61

I've spent a good few hours in testing with MSM bikes and all tyre mods removed... since the b16 air controls are restored the ride is fine at speed, but low speed physics are killin' me.  I ride in VR, with no assists (not even clutch assist) and after being spun around so many times in 1st person VR i had to watch the replay to see what exactly is going on with the slow speed.  This clip shows a "high speed" wreck and the low speed mess up im experiencing.  in each, it seems like the front suspension will fully compress and rebound for some reason.  check it out:  https://youtu.be/EGhBd-tZF5o