• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:10:42 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

**NEW RIDER MODEL** yes, from SCRATCH ***RELEASED***

Started by pay2021, November 15, 2021, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IImpacTz

It will be nice to have a rider model that doesn't look like Ricky Carmichael on weight watchers.

Can't wait to see this how this one turns out. This could be a huge step for the community

holtergeist

cool to see a new rider model in progress. but i cant help but to suggest the model you are working on looks a bit overweight, even compared to the current rider model. in my opinion, i think a more lean rider represents modern mx/sx, especially with more form fitting gear than what Stewart wore in the photo you uploaded.

when i think of modern rider body shape and form, i cant help but to think of riders such as Chase Sexton, barcia and Anderson and the more "form fitting" gear which tends to make the rider look more lean than the more baggy, loose fitting gear. just my two cents
"hole-shot, pin-it, knock everybody down, go through the second corner, come out in front" -TP199

pay2021

Quote from: Cody D on February 18, 2022, 02:21:43 AMWill this model be a free release or something you need to pay for?

All my content is free except personal orders.

pay2021

March 23, 2022, 03:46:02 PM #18 Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 04:06:44 PM by pay2021
NEW RIDER VS OLD RIDER

Short clip

New rider in action

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1427877660

Jim Jam

Hey Pay I was wondering how you got the default rider rig. I'm looking to try and create my own rider model and I'm not sure where I need to start. Do I need to download a rig and create a model around it, or just cerate the model and rig from scratch and match it to the default animations?

pay2021

September 07, 2022, 03:59:32 PM #20 Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 04:01:27 PM by pay2021
What I learned, and what happens is: you have to model the rider around the old rider or around the skeleton.
The original rider, both mesh and skeleton are available for download on this forum.
Why? you can make a rider 7 feet tall or 2 feet tall, but what happens, and this is the question, the animations that come by default already have coordinates of the "old" bones so if your rider is 7 feet tall, at the time to "land" the bones will return to the coordinates of the original rider, UNLESS, you import your own animations. What about the animations? We do not have official information of the .ANM files. I had one that I collected myself, what animation number does such a thing, for example animation1 is the rider standing still, 2 is lean left, etc. What is missing is the frame ranges and how many animations each ANM file has, because in some cases you have more than one animation.
I hope it helps you, write me anything here or on facebook.

pay2021

BTW the rider is ready for release. Male and Female.

pay2021

New rider model will be released in Nov!! Male and Female!!

pay2021

This is ready, but I still have the same problem, it only works completely if it is installed in the Main/Steam folder and not in the MODS folder and also you have to copy the paints three times, one for the default rider, and two for the custom riders, male and female.

What I do?

Cody D

pay2021

pay2021

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Good work man! Really impressed how you managed to get this done.

teeds

Don't seem to be able to get any glove or rider paints to work when copying all my paints to the male rider? I have them working now but only by renaming the male folder to the default one, I might stick with this if I prefer the model to stock.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba