• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:36:50 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Can't play on “non-dedicated” servers.

Started by atefxf, October 31, 2022, 12:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atefxf

I'm writing this for a friend. (Yes, actually! xD)
If we want to play together, we always have to play on dedicated servers, because he can't play on "non-dedicated" servers.
He has both 54200 and 54210 opened in his firewall as UDP, but this doesn't help.
The only solution we were able to figure out, was for me to give him access to my VPN account.
Once the VPN is turned on, he has no problem playing on any server, but he doesn't want to buy one.
Does anyone have any idea what we could try?
Thanks! :)

robryp

Could you add details on what happens? Does he get a message? Also, what are some of the servers specifically that he is trying and is not able to play on? The fact that connecting via VPN allows it to work definitely hints there may be some firewall in place that is blocking connectivity. For a quick test could you try temporarily disabling the firewall (you could start with outbound, but of course inbound as well if it's still a problem playing)?

teeds

The theory is that some are being affected by IPv4 and IPv6, and how they are implemented by an ISP. As yet no one has been in a situation to prove this but as a VPN usually fixes the problem it does point to this potentially being true. Do you know what type of connection (IPv4 or IPv6) your friend is using?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

atefxf

November 01, 2022, 07:32:35 PM #3 Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 07:34:32 PM by atefxf
Quote from: robryp on October 31, 2022, 02:31:52 AMCould you add details on what happens? Does he get a message? Also, what are some of the servers specifically that he is trying and is not able to play on? The fact that connecting via VPN allows it to work definitely hints there may be some firewall in place that is blocking connectivity. For a quick test could you try temporarily disabling the firewall (you could start with outbound, but of course inbound as well if it's still a problem playing)?

He cannot join any "non-dedicated" server, it doesn't matter what server, if it's not marked as dedicated, he can't play on it.
We might try to disable the firewall, that might work! I'll let you know if it did once we tried it! Thanks!

atefxf

Quote from: teeds on October 31, 2022, 01:44:16 PMThe theory is that some are being affected by IPv4 and IPv6, and how they are implemented by an ISP. As yet no one has been in a situation to prove this but as a VPN usually fixes the problem it does point to this potentially being true. Do you know what type of connection (IPv4 or IPv6) your friend is using?

I'm not sure if I get what exactly you mean. Can you please elaborate?
(I think the answer is IPv4, but as I said, I'm not sure!)

cxxper17

Every time I try to join a server I get a missing bikes or missing data or even a connection timeout on all of the servers with/without pings. I would just like to not only be able to be in testing.

teeds

Quote from: atefxf on November 01, 2022, 07:32:35 PMHe cannot join any "non-dedicated" server, it doesn't matter what server, if it's not marked as dedicated, he can't play on it.

This sounds like the stock port (54210) traffic is being redirected away from him.

teeds

Quote from: cxxper17 on November 24, 2022, 12:23:05 AMEvery time I try to join a server I get a missing bikes or missing data or even a connection timeout on all of the servers with/without pings. I would just like to not only be able to be in testing.

Only a VPN can help you with connection timeout. For the rest, bite the bullet and clear all your MXB folders and start fresh.