• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:16:37 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Simulator Replacement?

Started by MotardMatt, February 01, 2014, 07:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard de Kuijper

in real life you can learn it in a half houre jeah!, but i want to see you then hahaha, i hope this game is even so dificult as mxs! i hope u have to train train train but not as mx vs atv alive that you bike is faster that all the other bikes en that you win evrything easy en that you have to win races on arcade. that sucks, just only singelplayer en multiplayer as in mxs

PiBoSo

Quote from: Motoboss on February 02, 2014, 05:16:16 PM
If its like you describe ..like I said before I wont be hanging around long.. In real life you can learn how to ride a bike in about a half hour ..So why would a game need to be any different..The only thing that would need to be practiced is going fast... Just like real life

Because in a simulator you don't hold the handlebars and are not sitting on the simulated bike.
So no feedback from the front wheel and from the chassis.
Also, no ( or, maybe better, incorrect ) balance feedback from your ears.

Richard de Kuijper

but PiSoBo
i hope you make the gameplay soo realistic as possible, when take a corner you have to go leaning and steering but if u go out the corner that it would be great if you have to lean en steering back :D

Motoboss

Ya a half hour ..Ive taught many people...Don't 3 and 4 year olds ride bikes? I think I saw chad reeds kid ride out in opening ceremonies... lol
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

GDUBMX

Quote from: Motoboss on February 02, 2014, 11:45:16 PM
Ya a half hour ..Ive taught many people...Don't 3 and 4 year olds ride bikes? I think I saw chad reeds kid ride out in opening ceremonies... lol
i taught my 7 year old withing half hour! :D i sure my dad taught me in half hour when i was 4! 25 years ago.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Midbeck

I'm pretty sure that if you wanna learn how to be as fast as Chad Reeds kid it wouldn't take more then 30mins in MX sim.
#DirtyEuro

MX181

Quote from: Midbeck on February 03, 2014, 01:46:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that if you wanna learn how to be as fast as Chad Reeds kid it wouldn't take more then 30mins in MX sim.

although to have the ability to sit and go in straight line doesnt take long nor does it take long to roll around the track. yes it will take time to go from this stage to chad reed. although i see where mb is coming from

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

motoholden

al167

im trying gpbikes now (demo), and im impressed!, I recommend anyone here to try it. its free for one track and piboso said mxbikes will have a similar feel and similar menus, setup screens. so far it is pretty difficult just like mxs. but I did go straight in and turn everthing on full sim, manual clutch, trans ect. there are so many buttons to use my xbox controller cant do them all! it seems you need more analog controls than the 360 controller has. ive read some people using pedals with it. im still tinkering just like those first few frustrating hours of mxs. lol

yamaha#521

I'm laughing at all these comments like: Yeah, this game will kick MX simulator's ass. How do you know that? Because of a less than a minute long video where you can see the rider turning and jumping? You don't know how the physics are yet, for an example it could be that you can steer as hard as possible without falling MX vs ATV style, or you could do a scrub by pressing a button on the lip of a jump (mud style). Not trying to offend the creators though, because it could be vice versa.

PiBoSo

Quote from: yamaha#521 on February 03, 2014, 03:29:53 PM
I'm laughing at all these comments like: Yeah, this game will kick MX simulator's ass. How do you know that? Because of a less than a minute long video where you can see the rider turning and jumping? You don't know how the physics are yet, for an example it could be that you can steer as hard as possible without falling MX vs ATV style, or you could do a scrub by pressing a button on the lip of a jump (mud style). Not trying to offend the creators though, because it could be vice versa.

Wise words.
The best thing to do is to try MX Bikes before judging if it's the right software for your needs.

Aernouts

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 03, 2014, 03:40:26 PM
Quote from: yamaha#521 on February 03, 2014, 03:29:53 PM

Wise words.
The best thing to do is to try MX Bikes before judging if it's the right software for your needs.

Yep true.
Easy peasy.

Me Like Sim => not practising for months before it is playable
Other Real sim players => like it the other way around.
That sounds fair to me.

A real simulator is something different i guess.

showtimemx

Quote from: Motoboss on February 01, 2014, 10:09:09 PM
We wont know till we play it ourselves i guess..What will make it or brake it for me is if its user friendly and by that I mean not hard to control .. I dont mind it being a little difficult but at least make sense of why the bike is doing what its doing ..Ive played MXS since it started and still have know idea why the bike does some things that it does ... If its not fun I wont play it and will move on to something else like im doing now.. I have been waiting for a long time for this..

Motoboss I think you have made the perfect statement here.  I started playing MXS from the start and the game is not one that you can honestly sit down and enjoy for a 30min every so often, it is so unpredictable at times that it makes me wont to scream and when I get home from work to play a motocross game I want it to be a challenge but I also want to be able to twist the throttle and enjoy myself.  I'm hoping that this game will be fun so that you can make some of your amazing tracks, I know for a lot of us old crew we have been hanging around waiting for something to fill the void for some of the fun motocross games we use to play.  Nothing wrong with trying to make a motocross game real but the key word is "game" and as such should be fun, if you want a real sim go outside and ride a real dirtbike.

DD

Quote from: showtimemx on February 03, 2014, 08:56:33 PM
Quote from: Motoboss on February 01, 2014, 10:09:09 PM
We wont know till we play it ourselves i guess..What will make it or brake it for me is if its user friendly and by that I mean not hard to control .. I dont mind it being a little difficult but at least make sense of why the bike is doing what its doing ..Ive played MXS since it started and still have know idea why the bike does some things that it does ... If its not fun I wont play it and will move on to something else like im doing now.. I have been waiting for a long time for this..

Motoboss I think you have made the perfect statement here.  I started playing MXS from the start and the game is not one that you can honestly sit down and enjoy for a 30min every so often, it is so unpredictable at times that it makes me wont to scream and when I get home from work to play a motocross game I want it to be a challenge but I also want to be able to twist the throttle and enjoy myself.  I'm hoping that this game will be fun so that you can make some of your amazing tracks, I know for a lot of us old crew we have been hanging around waiting for something to fill the void for some of the fun motocross games we use to play.  Nothing wrong with trying to make a motocross game real but the key word is "game" and as such should be fun, if you want a real sim go outside and ride a real dirtbike.

Agreed. I don't think I (or anyone else) will ever be as consistent in Mx Simulator as I am in real life. That's my biggest complaint honestly. Whether you are a beginner or a professional in real life, you spend more time on the bike than you do on the ground. In MXS it's like 50/50 no matter how good you are.

Of course in a game you aren't afraid to push until you fall because there are no consequences.

Motoboss

Its awesome to see a lot of old guys coming out of the wood work... :) Tanner?
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page