• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:43:49 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

So... Thoughts so far?

Started by Midbeck, September 30, 2014, 06:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chase_desselle

why whenever i do a lap without crashing i get just saying a 2:31 then i crashed like 4 times then got a 2:19 just wondering why it does that

mid7media_brocstar

I have noticed also that the times don't seem accurate.  I had what I feel was my smoothest lap and it was way slow compared to a crash filled next lap.

Cooter181

How do you get back on the bike after you crash? LOL

Mikey

Is anyone else's forwards/backwards rider lean backwards?

Maatth4

Abigor

Quote from: Mikey on September 30, 2014, 10:43:41 PM
yes and it's the biggest problem in the game i think......it's very confusing

RedChainsaw3

Quote from: Mikey on September 30, 2014, 10:43:41 PM

I had this problem with my xbox360 controller but I realized it has to do with how you assign the axis in the options. When I assigned the axis by going up with my thumbstick it reversed the controls so I just assigned the axis by going down with the thumbstick and it solved the problem!

onlyonetone

I'm loving it so far. Been messing around in the garage a little bit. Softer suspension and tires seems to help.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yamaha37H

Initial Thoughts of the Game After about 2 hours of playing(I'm going to compare everything to MXS, because that's what I know) :

Another Side note, i'm writing this as I play the game, so everything is in order lol

1) Visually awesome game, blows MXS way out of the water. Clutch Movements, rider movements, all that is awesome. Maybe needs some tweaking. But Awesome.

2) I dont like how 1st person view looks in corners, personally I think I should feel "ontop" of the bike, i feel "off beside it" If that makes sense. Feels like GP bikes....which it works there, but I don't think it works in this game.

3) I feel like the front end slides around too much, and the rear end tracks too straight. I've tried messing with air pressure, suspension, and tire compounds, but that's just my general feel of it.

4) Suspension, and their adjustments are awesome, although I hope it gets more adjustment in the future, it does genuinely work, and you can tell.

5) The WAY the sounds work, I think is pretty awesome, the sounds themselves need some work.

6) Getting faster, but now i'm starting to have front end bite issues, seems to want to slide out more than it should, and in places I wouldn't expect.

7) Why the hell am I flying through the air sideways I hit the jump straight lol

8) Just went into 3rd person, why does the whole riders body not move when I lean them around? When I ride in real life, I move my whole body around the bike, not just my neck lol :P

9) Just playing around in this game and seeing how things work is really fun!

10) You put some sick skins and models in this game, you're gonna have some amazing media coming from this game........

So, here's MY deal. I love mx simulator, I do, simple. But, It's getting old, and I would like something fresh and fun to rip around on. This is looking very very promising. It has a certain realism to it that just makes me excited to see what can be done to it with some fairly substantial tweaks. I think that the way the bike accelerates and brakes, is pretty awesome, the suspension is definitely headed in the right direction, and the models and animation is just plain awesome. But my biggest complaint is definitely the turning physics, and the 1st person view. In my opinion, more LIKE, not exact, but more LIKE the 1st person view of mx simulator would be a huge help. The turning physics....well, as the game is in development still, I'm sure that will be sorted out :)

Thanks For letting us play it, I do enjoy the game as a whole :)

DD

I agree that at low speeds the bike is too sensitive. Once I get going I do much better.

And I'm not sure if it's because I've played for 5 minutes or what but there is no sense of any gyro effect when in the air.

DD

Also, the sounds are god aweful as of now. Like, really bad!

moto28

October 01, 2014, 01:04:40 AM #27 Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:18:40 AM by moto28
My Throttle seems to be a bit twitchy. i think Piboso posted a link for it earlier but i cant find it anymore. If anyone knows what it was please share? If not does anyone know a resolution to the problem?

EDIT: NVM took off all the assists and its fine now :)

MX181

Quote from: Snappe on September 30, 2014, 07:45:11 PM
Download this and put it in the MX Bikes/plugins folder:

http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/xinput.dli

It will split the triggers into 2 axis!

the you go moto

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

moto28