• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:39:28 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Lap Timing

Started by BlizzardDUCK, October 03, 2014, 03:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlizzardDUCK

Not so convinced that the lap timing works correctly. My fastest lap at the practice track is a 2:18 which included 10 seconds of lying on the ground. My second fastest lap I was hauling and didn't crash, that lap came out to be a 2:19

MotoRogers499

Laptimes work fine for me.. Do a lap finish line to finish line and next time you pass pit area your pitboard pops up with your last lap.

BlizzardDUCK

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on October 03, 2014, 04:36:49 PM
Laptimes work fine for me.. Do a lap finish line to finish line and next time you pass pit area your pitboard pops up with your last lap.

Thats what I'm talking about. Not sure its accurate. I had what I thought to be a blazing lap with 0 falls and it was a 2:19 laptime. The very next lap I fell 3 times on one straight which costed me like 10 seconds, I then had to regenerate the momentum and I felt like it was one of the 2:30 second lap times I usually run, and it was a 2:18.

MotoRogers499

Well, your mechanic cant predict what your lap is going to be until you cross the line, so try and picture the laptimes showing up 1 lap delayed. Pitboard shows last lap from finish to finish. Remember the pitboard doesnt show up at the finish. A lot of people are confused by this.

moto28

even though you tried explaining this to me last night tanner but im still confused and it doesn't make sense :p

my board shows up as soon as i cross the finish. but its always not of the lap i just completed its of the one i did previously before the lap i just completed.

if this is how its supposted to be im very confused. i want to see the laptime i completed previously. not the one before the one i just did.

dibu

Have a look at the MaxHUD plugin. It shows all infos you need. 
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=180.msg5978#msg5978

MotoRogers499

Quote from: moto28 on October 03, 2014, 06:23:21 PM
even though you tried explaining this to me last night tanner but im still confused and it doesn't make sense :p
my board shows up as soon as i cross the finish.

Wrong. Pitboard doesnt show at finish, it shows (roughly) where your mechanic is, which happens to be quite far from the actual finish line.

I dont like the MaXHUD. Its a great feature for those who want it, but it doesnt feel realistic to me. You dont get the benifit of seeing all that hud irl, so why get it in-game? Just my opinion.