• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:12:09 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Physics

Started by PDR, October 02, 2014, 05:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyl143

Yes another thing would be sence you can lean forward back left and right off the lip you should be able to lean your guy to make yourself do a whip

Clark139

Yea lean the whole body from legs to head not just the shoulders

Fangel

I have seen a lot of people asking about whipping so here's my opinion.

I know what I am about to say is going to become very unpopular, but so far I've enjoyed not logging on to a server and see people whip everywhere. I have spent a lot of time practicing whipping it ingame, and that resulted in me being able to do a few small, but awesome-feeling scrubs. The keyword here is practice. Whipping in real life is not easy, and mostly it's only pro  (or highly skilled) riders whipping it left and right. What I'm concluding (I guess) is that whipping in a simulation shouldn't be easy, as it isn't in real life. I'd love to be able to whip, but I'd love to be able to have to practice to master it. Not just "press 'X' to do a whip, press 'O' to do a scrub"

If you look at MXS, the whips look horribly unnatural and you can do some crazy looking whips where your head is basically upside down. That seems to have become the standard, so now everyone is whipping unnaturally everywhere.

Just my humble opinion.

Thank you for reading.

daffernn

yes but fangel the reason mxsim whips are ugly are because the rider models and how they are positioned, they dont look realistic but its not easy to whip in mxsim and you have to practice alot to be able to do a whip/scrub and i feel like mxsim have whips down pretty well. the bike comes back naturally. just the rider never keeps his head straight he is stuck to the bike and so thats why he goes upside down.

Fangel

Quote from: daffernn on October 04, 2014, 11:08:57 PM
yes but fangel the reason mxsim whips are ugly are because the rider models and how they are positioned, they dont look realistic but its not easy to whip in mxsim and you have to practice alot to be able to do a whip/scrub and i feel like mxsim have whips down pretty well. the bike comes back naturally. just the rider never keeps his head straight he is stuck to the bike and so thats why he goes upside down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXYUhR6tbk

Here is an example of what I mean. How on earth would that be possible? :)

onlyonetone

Its incredibly too easy to whip on mxs. I've gotten some decent whips down on mxb now. I'm going to post some tomorrow.

daffernn

the thing with sim is once you practice, whipping is predictable you know how the bike will react, in mxbikes its a matter of trying to whip and getting lucky. i want to see someone whips alot in one race and send me the demo of it. these videos of people whipping on mxb will just be little clips on when they got it correct not being able to do them consistantly.

HornetMaX

There's no real point in commenting on whipping in MXB right now: as admitted by Piboso/Snappe, in-air control of the bike is a known point to be improved.

Personally I'd be fairly happy even if whip were not possible at all (but if in-air control was good).

MaX.

daffernn

well motocross and supercross are know for each rider to have their own style. id like that in the simulator i play too. real life you have the riders that dont move much (ryan villopoto) and the rider that throws it around (james stewart/ken roczen) it makes for good entertainment and it looks sick as fuck. each style has advantages and disadvantages.

SauroneMX

Well guys, first of all, in MXS, the whip is made BEFORE the jump and in air you only have to bring it back by the gyro force.. After you got the correct gravity low in your game, the whip will be all about the riding style. But keep in your head that a whip and anyway a Jump, is made before wheels leave the floor and in my opinion gaz and brake arn't good in MXB yet.