• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:10:49 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Heightmap.raw

Started by MUD, October 06, 2014, 02:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUD

While I'm waiting for the Game purchase to process, I thought I'd get a head start on figuring out the heightmap.raw

I thought the 'contents' of a raw file would be exactly 8388608 bytes(2049^2 *

16bits). It's actually +8194 bytes.

Line breaks?
Header? Sub-Header?

MUD

Crap, I did 2048^2 and not 2049^2.

giopanda

i'm posting here just because of title..don't want to create a new topic just for this.
i'm having a really hard time with the heightmap: i'm converting from mx sim, but starting from the original .psd file i used for that, just saving it in .raw instead of .png.
problem is the heightmap in mapview, tracked and in game is completely messed up!
i set the parameters correctly in the .tht and .hmf files, triple checked, file is saved correctly 16 bit, greyscale, no alpha, 2049x2049 ibm, file size 8201kb
what happens is that the range from 50% grey to white gets a bit overscaled, while from that to black is almost flat.
my guess is that the color profile is wrong, but it's the same color profile i always used in mx sim and never had any problem when saving .png for that game.
any help guys?
i know it's something stupid, but i can't get it!

MUD

Did you make sure to click 'IBM PC' under byte order when saving?
Did you make sure To merge your image as 1 layer before saving? ( if you didn't, it might of skipped a couple layers)

giopanda

Quote from: MUD on October 07, 2014, 01:04:43 PM
Did you make sure to click 'IBM PC' under byte order when saving?
Did you make sure To merge your image as 1 layer before saving? ( if you didn't, it might of skipped a couple layers)

yes and yes.
i really can't get what's happening.
oh, and this happens throughout the whole map

𝖙𝖋𝖈

That happens on some corners of the test track geofanatic posted. Maybe he knows whats up

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You are going to get sick of me bugging you Geo lol...

Are you sure thats all you need to update? I changed my heightmap, did map.bat, loaded tracked, reloaded centerline, saved, put in folder and im sinking in my old heightmap..

Anything to do with terrained?

giopanda

Quote from: TheFatController on October 08, 2014, 11:47:42 AMI changed my heightmap, did map.bat, loaded tracked, reloaded centerline, saved, put in folder and im sinking in my old heightmap..

after map.bat you need to run the trh.bat, then open tracked, load centerline, merge it, than save.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: giopanda on October 08, 2014, 11:51:12 AM
Quote from: TheFatController on October 08, 2014, 11:47:42 AMI changed my heightmap, did map.bat, loaded tracked, reloaded centerline, saved, put in folder and im sinking in my old heightmap..

after map.bat you need to run the trh.bat, then open tracked, load centerline, merge it, than save.

Forgot to mention trh.bat...

Also, my problem here was that I was not updating the .map file.. only the trh. The .map is the 'map graphics' according to the wiki, gave it a try and bam, there we go!

Back in business  ;D

Thanks Geo and Gio x

giopanda

Quote from: geofanatec on October 08, 2014, 02:20:29 PM
Exicted to see what Gio has up his sleeve😀

i actually don't have much..
physics at current stage of development doesn't allow much..basically the bike doesn't go anywhere except on perfectly horizontal terrain and it's a pain in the ass to restart if you crash uphill, so for now i'm going to scrap thunder valley, red bud, unadilla and maggiora.
i'm going to start tomorrow with lierop that i never released for mx sim but (heightmap wise) is almost done, and since it's super flat should ride well in mx bikes.

..btw, is it possible to add sand as a ground material?