• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:20:16 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

SimpleSX Test

Started by onlyonetone, October 09, 2014, 10:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onlyonetone

After working on a Salt Lake City remake I got frustrated because the track was super hard. So I decided to make a very rudimentary SX track. It could have been a little better but I accidentally somehow saved over my heightmap so I went with this version. It's basically just to get a feel of some SX elements. There is two steep doubles, some whoops, and a wall. Don't race online because I don't think it will work. The steep jumps you really need to lean forward on and let off the gas on the lip. Whoops you need to be pretty straight and leaned back. Wall jump is a little difficult but easily learned, plus you can land some pretty gnarly whips over it. Anyways, ENJOY

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqfdfh9zaae3aul/SimpleSX.rar?dl=0

PS: This was my first go at masks and texturing. So go easy on me

GDUBMX

Awesome tone, will download after work. Thanks for sharing.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

onlyonetone

I just realized how over scaled this is. I re made the heightmap and am going to re do it a lot better and add a few more lines.

GDUBMX

October 10, 2014, 08:36:34 AM #3 Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:58:57 AM by gdubmx
So I ran a couple of laps of this and another supercross track and IMO I feel that with this current build of the physics its just not possible to run on a technical track be it supercross or nationals. To me the bike isn't loose/reactive enough for tight twisty tracks/sections. Its a very strong possibility that I'm that crap and just can't be loose enough. I mean I cannot get on with Maryland at all, I just feel like I'm  trying to sail a boat round,the off cambers are a nightmare for me and when I fall on a hill.... I need a damn tow truck to get back going again lol. I can't wait to see where its gonna end up so we can rip tracks like giopandas nationals and tight sx tracks how there meant to be ridden.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I love the idea tone. I tried the same thing - made a rideable triple whoops and tighter corners got the scale right and it was hard! So hard I ditched it in favour of making an mx track. I think the game is capable of sx, I just think right now its working best with mx.

onlyonetone

I'm sure with future updates SX will be possible. I'm working on another track like this. It's just not going to be technical at all.