• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:59:14 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acr21

Quote from: showtimemx on February 05, 2014, 11:18:29 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 05, 2014, 09:17:06 PM
Quote from: Acr21 on February 05, 2014, 09:12:31 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 05, 2014, 08:41:25 PM
Quote from: DD on February 05, 2014, 08:27:48 PM
He also means separate model.

Not on the rider, because it is rigged.

Would it be possible to combine the models into a single model in code before they are used in the animation/physics simulation?

Everything is possible, but would it be worth it?
How could modders rig gloves and boots to the existing skeleton?
Also, having fixed boots and gloves models would mean less fragmentation and less contents to sync between users.

I think this is a big issue that came up in MX Simulator.  If you have a set of red gear and you're boots are tied to the gear you end up making 40 different combinations of that gear so people can use red gear with white alpinestar boots.  Where as similar to MX vs atv you make boots in the different colors and they can select any boots with the different gear.  Meaning 1 set of red gear with any boots you choose.

it will save huge amounts of space on my hard drive.

This is my point exactly.

Snappe

To clarify here's how things are separated (in brackets says what can be modded):

Helmet + Goggles (model & texture)
Rider kit (texture)
Gloves (texture)
Boots (texture)
Neck Brace + Body Armour (model & texture)

MX181

Quote from: Snappe on February 05, 2014, 11:28:41 PM

So if you didn't want the armor but wanted the neck brace you just wouldn't include the armor in the model and vice versa correct?

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

acr21

To clarify here's how things are separated (in brackets says what can be modded):

Rider kit (texture)
Gloves (texture)
Boots (texture)
This is how I think it should be:

Helmet (model & texture)
Goggles (model & texture)
Rider Kit (texture)
Gloves (texture)
Boots (model & texture)
Neck Brace (model & texture)
Chest Protector (model & texture)

This way you would almost never see the same gear setup and it would make it really easy for modelers/skinners to release content. All they would need to do is release a single model and a few color textures for the model.

This is just my opinion on what would be best. I understand that it may not make the first version and that it may not ever be done.

Tmax94

Alpha 1 out soon ?
First prize will be how much ? I would buy surely I already KRP :)

acr21

Quote from: MX181 on February 05, 2014, 11:35:43 PM

So if you didn't want the armor but wanted the neck brace you just wouldn't include the armor in the model and vice versa correct?

This is where the problems start to show. If someone create a new neck brace such as a leatt brace and another person creates a new chest protector such as a fox race frame, there is no way to use both unless the modelers get together and create every possible combination:

Chest Protector>Neck Brace
Fox, Leatt
Fox, Stock
Fox, None
Stock, Leatt
None, Leatt
...I think that is all the combinations.

Then in order to see each of these combinations when racing online, users need to download all of these models.

With separate models users only need to download 2 models: Leatt brace, and fox race frame chest protector.

Paulo Rodrigues | Motocross Plays

Is the game have Gear Shift?
Specs:
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
- 16GB DDR4 TeamGroup El
http://www.youtube.com/motocrossplays

PiBoSo

MX181

It's a game Adam it honestly wouldn't matter if in real life it wouldn't work, just #YOLO it

MX181

Motoboss

Is there going to be realistic weather like in GP Bikes?
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

GDUBMX

February 06, 2014, 06:00:22 AM #161 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:01:54 AM by gdubmx
Chest protectors and neck brace combos are IMO are pretty irrelevant thing right now. Why worry yourself about them? Wouldn't you rather have better sounds and as motoboss pointed out weather, actual details that matter? I mean ain't neck braces and chest protectors for 8 year olds and girls anyway? Lol I've been riding 25 years and never wore them.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Midbeck

Quote from: Acr21 on February 05, 2014, 11:44:11 PM

Rider kit (texture)
Gloves (texture)
Boots (texture)
This is how I think it should be:

Helmet (model & texture)
Goggles (model & texture)
Rider Kit (texture)
Gloves (texture)
Boots (model & texture)
Neck Brace (model & texture)
Chest Protector (model & texture)

This way you would almost never see the same gear setup and it would make it really easy for modelers/skinners to release content. All they would need to do is release a single model and a few color textures for the model.

This is just my opinion on what would be best. I understand that it may not make the first version and that it may not ever be done.

I totaly agree with this, being able to model boots etc is a big deal if you ask me.
#DirtyEuro

Sib43

I dont understand why you guys care about that much.

Chest protectors and neck braces are just for protections only in real life and they doesnt look good obviously.

Also hopefully you guys don't ride your chest protector over the jersey. Please tell me you dont! lol.

For me it always was annoying when a skin creater creates 1 gear and ended up to upload 10 with different boots and stuff.
Wouldn't care about the boots that much. Never had a problem back in the days with the arcade games where they had 5 different skins to choose.

Hopefully those amazing creators of the game concentrate more on the important things!

Dylan14

So many people being little bitches on here already. Who cares what can and can't be modelled. Stop wasting the creators time with your stupid questions. Focus on how the game will play, instead of what model boots your rider in a video game is using.