• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:19:35 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Video of my first track

Started by rc4187, October 18, 2014, 10:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc4187

It's not much so far... very basic textures... no normals, masks or shaders yet. But I am enjoying the height map and layout. Here is a vid. of some rough laps. I did start getting nice clean laps after this... maybe I should re-do the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjsmRzARCzI&feature=youtu.be

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Good start man. Nice to see a little rhythm section in there!

GDUBMX

Man that looks really fun! I'll be more than happy to beta test for you mate. Looking forward to that one for sure. Good job.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

onlyonetone

rc4187

here's another vid... I messed with the base textures some and changed a few things in the heightmap... I may put it up for download to get some feedback before I go through a huge effort on the rest of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvGmJuhce-4&feature=youtu.be

GDUBMX

dude this is looking awesome. honestly this looks like our first rideable SX type track. awesome job

rc4187

scale is not right for true supercross... supercross is too tight for the physics as they are imo. Or I'm just not good enough. This is also not technical enough for supercross. It feels good, though.

GDUBMX

Quote from: rc4187 on October 19, 2014, 04:07:48 AM
scale is not right for true supercross... supercross is too tight for the physics as they are imo. Or I'm just not good enough. This is also not technical enough for supercross. It feels good, though.
I have to agree mate, I currently feel that way about the physics. I find Maryland just too difficult to be loose. Glad  I'm not the only one who's been suffering lol. Track scale ATM with the current build I feel needs overscaling, I rebuilt an entire track last night just because it was way too tight.

onlyonetone

Quote from: rc4187 on October 19, 2014, 12:04:42 AM
here's another vid... I messed with the base textures some and changed a few things in the heightmap... I may put it up for download to get some feedback before I go through a huge effort on the rest of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvGmJuhce-4&feature=youtu.be

Seriously awesome job dude. It looks awesome. You should definitely release a test before doing objects and everything.

rc4187

October 19, 2014, 06:41:53 PM #9 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:36:48 AM by rc4187
Here's a download link for the track. Plenty to do to it still, but I'd like some feed back before I dump a ton of effort into the rest.
(Link Removed)

GDUBMX

ahhh legend! downloaded before it gets deleted! thanks mate

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looking forward to checking this out after my kids go to bed so dont delete it lol

onlyonetone

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'd LOVE it if there was a way to adjust grip on surfaces. Would make sand sections awesome fun, snow tracks, wet tracks, maybe there is a way?

onlyonetone

Pib said if you change soil to sand in the tht the roost will be sand. Wonder if this affects grip.