• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:41:20 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Big SX by GDUBMX (BETA VIDEO)

Started by GDUBMX, October 26, 2014, 10:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Hey guys, ive been working on a project now for a few days and have managed to piece together "Big SX".  Its far from ready yet but i just wanted to share something i felt was quite close to all our hearts as hardcore MX fans..
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/v/-tKUWCdsCZU
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Wow man you have more patience than me man, cant wait to see how this turns out!

GDUBMX

Holy shit!! Haha thats awesome! I'm getting the hang of earlth sculptor now, just need to get scaling figured out.

Ruubs

I don't get why everyone is using Earth Sculpter right now. The way everything turns out isn't good at all IMO. The dispmap feels rushed, even though I know some of you put loads of time into it. I prefer Photoshop a lot more, even though I'm not using that either. My best choice is 3D Studio Max, you can make any jump you want in less than 10 seconds, and they look very clean and good.

I'm not trying to bash off all your tracks, they're really fun, but I the jumps don't feel realistic at all IMO, way too smooth at the top and sides.

----
Anyway on topic.
That looks pretty cool gdub! How do you get over those rollers so clean? I crash on them every time (on my own track).

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Well as much as I agree that Im not sure I like ES from what I've seen - I've never used it so can't pass judgement. L3DT here. Free, easy to use and spend a bit of time with it and you learn how to shape whatever you want in seconds.

But at the end of the day, whatever you use you can master and come out with some great stuff - all down to personal preference IMO

GDUBMX

At work now and just spotted a copy of autodesk mudbox on my boss's desk! That will be coming home with me tonight to meet my DVD burner lol, done a google search and it looks pretty cool!

bearded4glory

Earthsculptor is IMO much better for track editing than Mudbox.  I wish there was a stand alone program similar to the editor in MXS, it is really great for making jumps and berms but not good at smoothing terrain (like on the side of a slope for example) and adding smaller details.  If ES had the gradient features of the MXS editor it would be unstoppable.

radtad988

RAW 2 STROKE

radtad988

RAW 2 STROKE

GDUBMX

onlyonetone