• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:40 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Cameras

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, November 17, 2014, 03:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

November 17, 2014, 03:07:02 PM Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:23:55 PM by TheFatController
Hey  :)

I have camera's pretty much understood, but I don't understand a couple of things.

Firstly, I can't seem to get autozoom to work. I set fov to 60, min fov 20, max 60, but what does reference do? I've tried setting it in between with no luck.

Edit: Forget the last question  ;)

2nd Edit: Am I missing something with fixed cams? The view works fine, but for a split second at the start and at the end it snaps to the view of the cam positioned at 0 on the track..

Thanks  :D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Also, have been reading the GPB forum, and when looking at threads with cameras posted, people are saying something needs to change in the bikes camera file for the autozoom to work..

Is this something that's not yet fully implemented in MXB? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Steven

Autozoom works on Practice Track for example. Maybe you can take this as a starting point.
The file you would have to change is the cameras.cfg, but it is already done for the 350xf.

The information from PiBoSo:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=516.msg7374#msg7374
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=516.msg8379#msg8379

The only thing I know about that issue with the fixed cam is that starting and end point don't seem to work and instead it just goes "on" when the bike is in sight. You could try to make the cam before and the one after last a bit longer. Would be nice to know how to do this right.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks Steven.

It hadn't crossed my mind to look at the example track cameras..  :-[

I have played around with the fixed cam and can't get it to behave - which is a shame because you can get some really beautiful shots with it, might see if there is one used in the example's camera file.

Good to know that the cam zoom settings are already done in the 350xf cameras.cfg!

Thanks again mate, will have a play when I get some free time!  :D