• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:13:05 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta2

Started by PiBoSo, November 23, 2014, 06:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnzzz

I just picked up MXGP in the Steam sale, and for all its glaring faults I really enjoy being able to whack my rear brake on when coming into a corner to fast, swing the back end round and power round a hair pin, while the whole time the font of the bike stays pretty much in the same position, while the rear spins up the dirt and gets me round the corner :)

That is the kind of control I feel we are lacking, Its what i crave :)

Stoneybonezz

Yup, what you said geo. i'm just trying to get the rear to slide

onlyonetone

I played mxsim for a good 5-6 years. I'm not crucial on mxb at all because of how much I played mxsim. Mxb is already miles a head. Not trying to hate on mxsim at all. I just really love this game.

PiBoSo

Quote from: geofanatec on November 29, 2014, 02:15:42 PM
Quote from: Phathry25 on November 29, 2014, 08:25:40 AM
Quote from: geofanatec on November 29, 2014, 12:07:43 AM
Well, technically this is counter-steering :D

Are you certain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivwZ_DEFHrc

Seriously, how many times will this video be thrown out there.

1. Yes I am certain, as the rear end of the bike slides out you counter-steer to keep it in balance. Same is true for a car, like in drifting.
2. The pic of the bikes above show them counter-steering very clearly.
3. They are all turning left, all have their bars countered to the right (push on left handgrip like in video), and all are sliding their rear out to the right.

The effects of counter-steering on a motocross bike are in principal the same as a road bike, but it is WAY different. You don't ride a motocross bike anything like you do a street bike. Hard to explain, but there is so much more going on with a motocross bike.

Not so different, if some of the best GP riders use MX to train during the winter season ;)

ChrisK

GDUBMX

Quote from: ChrisK on November 29, 2014, 04:31:19 PM
they train for fitness

Rossi broke is finger on an MX bike this year,
Didnt Marquez break something on a KTM too?
after all it is the most PHYSICALLY DEMANDING SPORT IN THE WORLD PERIOD... :D
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

HornetMaX

Quote from: geofanatec on November 29, 2014, 02:15:42 PM
Seriously, how many times will this video be thrown out there.

1. Yes I am certain, as the rear end of the bike slides out you counter-steer to keep it in balance. Same is true for a car, like in drifting.
2. The pic of the bikes above show them counter-steering very clearly.
3. They are all turning left, all have their bars countered to the right (push on left handgrip like in video), and all are sliding their rear out to the right.

The effects of counter-steering on a motocross bike are in principal the same as a road bike, but it is WAY different. You don't ride a motocross bike anything like you do a street bike. Hard to explain, but there is so much more going on with a motocross bike.

Counter-steering is (also) used to act on the lean (roll): leaning the bike gives you the lateral force (on the rear tire) that allows you to control how much the rear "slides out".

I do see your point of car drifting, but cars do not lean, that makes a hell of a difference (tires have very little camber).

But I do agree on the fact that you don't ride a motocross bike anything like you do a street bike, of course :)

MaX.

PizzaChet

Quote from: geofanatec on November 29, 2014, 02:15:42 PMThe effects of counter-steering on a motocross bike are in principal the same as a road bike, but it is WAY different. You don't ride a motocross bike anything like you do a street bike. Hard to explain, but there is so much more going on with a motocross bike.
Have you watched the Isle of Man TT? I've seen guys that grew up on dirt bikes get it way wrong on streetbikes. Dirttrackers like Phathry make a good middle-ground of the two disciplines. The gyro effect and countersteering are needed and used in all two-wheel sport. Just different CG, suspension travel and geometry and also traction level. Goons look like they're roadracing the dirt too much, blipping downshifts with knees and elbows out. lol
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

1Twelve

Came to the forum to see how things were looking for MXB, then saw Beta 2 was released. I know what I'm doin when the MXS off season comes..

Stoneybonezz

Riding a street bike and riding a dirt bike are 2 completely different things other than the gyro effect point blank.

HornetMaX

Uh, the scale is in the right direction, according to MXB (and GPB) definition of DL. 100% = pure direct lean.

If you have it at 80%, you're not using a tiny bit of DL, but a big chunk of it.

MaX.

Docfumi

March 09, 2015, 10:56:43 PM #87 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:59:52 PM by Docfumi
Hi all, I just got MX Bikes after biting my nails over if I should or not. well all I can say is (BRILLIANT)!
I pretty much suck at the game so far but what a ride. I will not point out things everyone feels to be flawed
with this beta again all I can say is I'm very happy with my purchase and glad to have the all of  PiBoSo' collection of games. Now I just have to (practice times ten)!!!
I am happy to see that there is a new beta coming out, I hope soon and hope to see some of you online.

Cheers and thanks to PiBoSo and Crew
Docfumi

Thanks also to HornetMax for MaxHud plugin. way to take it up a notch  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: PizzaChet on November 30, 2014, 02:58:08 AM
Quote from: geofanatec on November 29, 2014, 02:15:42 PMThe effects of counter-steering on a motocross bike are in principal the same as a road bike, but it is WAY different. You don't ride a motocross bike anything like you do a street bike. Hard to explain, but there is so much more going on with a motocross bike.
Have you watched the Isle of Man TT? I've seen guys that grew up on dirt bikes get it way wrong on streetbikes. Dirttrackers like Phathry make a good middle-ground of the two disciplines. The gyro effect and countersteering are needed and used in all two-wheel sport. Just different CG, suspension travel and geometry and also traction level. Goons look like they're roadracing the dirt too much, blipping downshifts with knees and elbows out. lol

I didnt read the whole thread sorry.. Id say the only difference is the body position..

Counter steering and everything else is all the same on 2wheel machines.. Hanging off knee down or leaning the opposite way with your leg out.. The handlebars still do the same job..

Lots of road racers ride mx, flat track, whatever else.. Gets you used to the bike moving around, throttle control, sliding, etc

Also take a look at josh brookes at cadwell over the mountain! ;)

BOBR6 84

Also.. Take a dirt bike, put slick tyres on, find some tarmac.. You have supermoto... Counter steering, backing it in etc. Same..

Its all the same except the terrain for mx has cambered tight corners,  bumps and jumps.. And you move around alot more to fight the uneven surfaces and lack of grip..