• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:38:21 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Thursday Night Motocross (PIR)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, November 01, 2014, 08:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks all :) still trying to find time!

Hopefully it will be done in a week or two, will keep updating the thread.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

So here's the latest progress, got a bit of time today..

Spent a LONG time trying to get good trees! Geo told me trees are a pain in the ass and he was not wrong lol.. Anyway - went with making my own 2d and they turned out great in sketchup, turned out great in Mapview..

But they don't play well in game. For the most part they are good, but as you can see in the pic the alpha edges on one of the models intersects the models behind with the sky and cuts through. Bit strange.. Pib or Snappe any ideas? I am using the CK prefix and it works perfectly.

Will keep pressing on regardless!  8)

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Finally getting somewhere with the bastard trees!  8)

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

GDUBMX

Looks amazing Fats. Stellar job mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

MXK_cdub85

crazy how close it looks to the real thing on that second pic! great job man! looks killer!  ;) 8)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Got a bit more time to work on objects recently, making them all from scratch but it doesn't take long in sketchup, real easy to use! So added bleachers, start box, big sign, wood tower behind sign, tents, I think that's it for now. Got the grid lined up too updated the race data.

Next on the list:

Control tower - if anyone has any pics of this thing that would be great!
Couple of small buildings nearby
Environment scenery - so grandstands in distance and PIR track bridge (only basic these ones)
Still messing with the trees.

teeds

December 15, 2014, 01:35:16 PM #39 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:32:32 PM by teeds
Lookin' saweet, and I don't know the track but is this the control tower in the BG?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks teeds, half hour on google images and I couldn't find one clear pic! Got any more angles? :)

teeds

December 15, 2014, 03:33:39 PM #41 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:41:54 PM by teeds
Na pal, found that one on their FB pics.

teeds

December 15, 2014, 03:40:47 PM #42 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:17:32 PM by teeds
Taken from video, it at least shows another angle, sort of -

onlyonetone

PizzaChet

Sorry I didn't think of this before, but here's some page rape....