• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:10 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

KTM450 - engine

Started by Ruubs, October 27, 2014, 07:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Here is my KTM450 engine file. I know it's named 350xf.engn but let me explain that.

I haven't made my own model/gearing etc yet, this is only the engn file which we will put over everything else of the 350 which came standard with the game. I'll explain how this will work.

If I'm not mistaken you should have a 350xf folder in your bikes folder in your installation folder, get it? Alright, this might be easier to understand: C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Bikes\bikes\350xf. To get everything working, go back into the 'bikes' folder and copy the 350xf folder and paste it right in the 'bikes' folder. Rename the folder to 450xf and download my engn file. Put my engn file into the new folder you created and overwrite it with the current engn file. I also have a link to my .INI file, it's not necessary, but it's handy to have, so you know which bikes is which. If you downloaded mine, you have to delete the 350xf.ini file and put mine (450xf.ini) in the '450xf' folder you created in 'bikes'. This file includes the name, power etc of the bike.

Now open the .CFG file in a text editing program (for example, notepad or notepad++). Change the 'ID' to 450xf and save the file as 450xf.cfg. Be sure you delete the 350xf.cfg.

As far as I can think now, that's it. I'm not allowed to release anything that Piboso/Snappe made, so I'm just releasing this files so people can still enjoy the 450 engine I made. I'm not entierly sure if I'm allowed to even release these files, please tell me. Also, I'm not sure if this works correctly since I made them a pretty long time ago and I can't really remember what files I changed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/km5ugjipc4kxgrj/350xf.engn
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wd1f7bw9uodoc9a/450xf.ini

Ehm24

I dont have a .CFG file in my 350xf or 450xf folder? How did you get that because I looked all around and it's not anywhere in any of the folders

-aGy-

October 28, 2014, 07:15:14 AM #2 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:17:54 AM by -aGy-
Quote from: Ehm24 on October 28, 2014, 03:15:42 AM
I dont have a .CFG file in my 350xf or 450xf folder? How did you get that because I looked all around and it's not anywhere in any of the folders

unpack bikes.pkz to your gamefolder. and in 350xf folder you find 350xf.cfg file.

radtad988

what do i use to unpack the pkz file
RAW 2 STROKE

𝖙𝖋𝖈

just rename it from bikes.pkz to bikes.zip and you should then have access

onlyonetone

Or just open it with WinRar

Miromuro26

I have tried this so many times but it wont work... ;/ does this work in demo?

Rider_Pro

December 15, 2014, 06:59:22 PM #7 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:02:43 PM by Rider_Pro
It doesn't work for me. I don't know if I have done something wrong but when I open the game, there's no bikes and if I try to choose one, there are "? ? ? ? ?" for the category and the bike.

If I have well understood, At first, you have to rename the "bikes.pkz" in "bikes.rar" to open it, and you will have a "Bikes" folder in it, and you just open it, and there are two folders in it:
- 250xf
- 350xf
You have to make a copy of the "350xf" folder and rename it "450xf". But, the problem is that you can't copy a file in WinRAR, so you extract the folder "bikes.rar" on the deskop, and make the changes I said before. Then, you have to put in your new "450xf" folder your "350xf.engn" you have just downloaded (and overwrite the one is already in it(so, just click on "overwrite" because it will ask you)). Then, you can put your "450xf.ini" in the "450xf" you've created and delete the "350xf.ini" there is in it.

Then you have to open your "450xf" folder, and open "350xf.cfg" with Notepad++ (for example), change the ID in 450xf, and save this file as 450xf.cfg (it was 350xf.cfg before).

Finally, I went back on my deskop, overwrote the folder "bikes.rar" in my MX Bikes folder, and renamed it "bikes.pkz"

Sorry if my English isn't so good, I hope you'll be able to understand what I did wrong... hahaha

Ruubs

I understand most of it, your english isn't that bad at all!

I don't know why you haven't gotten a 350xf folder in your bikes folder already, mine has always been there I guess.
You do not have to overwrite the bikes.zip and change it to bikes.pkz once you've the folder in the bikes folder. The folder is enough already.

Rider_Pro

December 18, 2014, 06:32:42 PM #9 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:34:13 PM by Rider_Pro
At the beggining, I haven't gotten the "Bikes" folder. I just created one to put the paints etc. in it.  ???

But it isn't the same as the "bike.pzk". "bike.pzk" is juste a file which is in my "MX Bikes" folder (installation folder).