• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:10:45 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Supercross Track by rc4187

Started by rc4187, December 20, 2014, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc4187

I'll put a new link up when ready... I got feedback which is all I was after. I've definitely made some positive changes since. compact soil works much nicer. Can really whip off the big jumps now.

thisisdef

Can't wait! Cool if you made 2015 tracks =D
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

rc4187

New vid... More objects added + track textures improved + compact soil for improved traction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aqIFcYSXpw&feature=youtu.be

rc4187

arnzzz

This is an amazing track. But it really shows the weaknesses in the the way the bikes handle so much more than any other track.

This sim isn't even nearly ready for SX :( The track is fantastic though, great work.

Ill try this again in beta 3 i think. I hate to say it because i love MXBikes, but I'm beginning to feel like the time investment needed to be
remotely good is just to much. I mean i can ride every night for a week and put in times which are respectable. But I'm constantly baby sitting the
bike not so much as riding it. I cant see this becoming more popular until the bikes are more controllable and predictable.

I know its beta and i should probably keep my feelings to myself. Ill just give it a break for 6-12 months I think, ill try again in beta 3 or 4.

Sorry about the negative post, just feeling a bit crap after falling off the bike every 2 seconds lol :)

Merry Christmas ya'll

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Just a bit of constructive criticism, but you might need to smooth the transitions a bit more.

It's probably more noticeable now you have textures in place, but the transitions from ramp / landing to flat are pretty non existent, this is probably accounting for some of the difficulty in controlling the bike.

Maatth4

Congratulations for your work.
We have our first supercross and it is a success !!
Continue like this! We still want and still tours like this one! :D

rc4187

As far as smoothing transitions... I think the only section that really needs it in my opinion is the rhythm section that follows the finish jump. I'm very consistent on the rest of the track myself. That section seems hard to stay smooth in, but dang it's satisfying to get through it clean.

Also... I'm sorry if this track made some people quit the game. It wasn't my intention to point out flaws in the physics. After quite a bit of time on this track, I quite enjoy it. I will continue to finish up this track and create more supercross tracks in the future. Would be nice to find some replica stadium models to cut out a lot of the work.

arnzzz

Quote from: rc4187 on December 22, 2014, 05:27:47 PM
As far as smoothing transitions... I think the only section that really needs it in my opinion is the rhythm section that follows the finish jump. I'm very consistent on the rest of the track myself. That section seems hard to stay smooth in, but dang it's satisfying to get through it clean.

Also... I'm sorry if this track made some people quit the game. It wasn't my intention to point out flaws in the physics. After quite a bit of time on this track, I quite enjoy it. I will continue to finish up this track and create more supercross tracks in the future. Would be nice to find some replica stadium models to cut out a lot of the work.

nah, its not the track mate, i loved the track, i was in a bad mood last night and probably should have not even tried it :)

I have to be in the right mood for MXBikes or i get super frustrated.

I love being in at ground zero with all the games/sims i use, I love watching these things develop. But one such as this which requires a fairly sizeable time sink just to be competent may be a step to far for me personally while the physics are just to unpredictable(thats probably the wrong word to use buy hey) :).

Dont get me wrong there is nothing i like more than becoming skilled through experience, I understand all the aliens in the sim world don't get like that overnight, and ill be wiling to put that time in when the product is closer to its final version.

Keep up the good work on the tracks though buddy, People like you are the real unsung hero's in all these modded sims :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: rc4187 on December 22, 2014, 05:27:47 PM

Couple of things.. Don't get me wrong for a start (not that you have) this is constructive criticism not a dig  :) like you say the track is a lot of fun when you nail a section it feels great.

But.. just consider the triple on the 3rd straight. The launch angle is great and the jump feels good when you hit it right, but where the face connects to the ground there is a bit of a sudden angle change. This means if you hit the jump at a slight angle it throws the bike off in the opposite direction in a spin. If it had more of a smoothed transition to the floor it would allow you to leave the jump at a slight angle and leaning over. Same is true for the finish jump.

The sim is hard, but it's rewarding hard. I think considering just how difficult it is learning the sim to the point you can at least make the corners and half the track most of the time, then the jumps should be perfect. This would make it a) more realistic, as jumps IRL have very smooth transitions to the floor, and b) easier to ride and thus more accessible to a wider audience.. The two go hand in hand here.

I have been really enjoying this track and looking forward to the progress so keep it up man.  8)

rc4187

Thanks for clarifying... I see your point now. I'll see about smoothing out transition from flat to slope a bit more.

I haven't taken offense to any criticism. I don't think anyone's been rude and I appreciate the feedback. I want the track to be as fun as I can make it and this is the reason I put out an early build.

rc4187

I am no longer under the belief that beta physics aren't good enough for supercross. It's a lot of fun actually. Took a lot of laps to get it down, though.

Some progress on the track itself (still work in progress):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZgfoK0GNA&feature=youtu.be

Maatth4

It's really beautiful! Continue like this! ;D ;D

No more download link available?

rc4187

Next public download link that goes up will hopefully be final version.