• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:16 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

FMX - The Boondocks Jump Park

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, January 29, 2015, 05:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

This is just a bit of fun. Made it to test out metal ramps and still learning objects so seemed like a good idea.

It's intended to be for fun locally for one player. I think 8 people can play, but I wouldn't bother trying to race it - the gate's in a strange place and the centerline overlaps a couple times here and there.

The ramps are good fun, they use the soil material so I guess they should act the same as the heightmap for grip. They do seem a bit slippy but I think that's down to the sudden angle, and also means you can start getting the bike into a big whip before you leave the lip which works good for me!

Have fun! I hope to see some whip vids  ;D

http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/k6HJOybx/file.html <--- put the .pkz straight into your 'Tracks' folder.

http://www.youtube.com/v/EePaMkw4xfc?rel=0

rc4187

GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

arnzzz

thanks TheFatController

This is amazing. I actually just landed an proper kinda whip lol. Ive been throwing my weight around all this time but it seems the bike does most of the work for you as long as you get the take off correct :) Im amazed

One small issue ive been having. If i crash and reset bike IF the reset puts me INSIDE the metal ramps the whole game crashes. Its happened twice to me now :) But that minor issue compared to the fun i can have on this ramp map :)

Thanks dude

Stoneybonezz

Awesome!
Finishing my pc in the next week or so and will make a nice whip vid

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying it.

Arnzzz - Yeah it's a pain. I think it's because the ramp uses the TRKSOIL prefix so I guess it's treated the same as heightmap, which you get the same thing happen if you respawn inside a vertical bit.

Solution would be to break the model, make the sides of the ramp WLLCONC and the ramp surface TRKSOIL, know for next time!

Looking forward to it Stoney  ;D

arnzzz

Quote from: TheFatController on February 01, 2015, 11:52:52 PM
Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying it.

Arnzzz - Yeah it's a pain. I think it's because the ramp uses the TRKSOIL prefix so I guess it's treated the same as heightmap, which you get the same thing happen if you respawn inside a vertical bit.

Solution would be to break the model, make the sides of the ramp WLLCONC and the ramp surface TRKSOIL, know for next time!

Looking forward to it Stoney  ;D

What you said makes sense :)

It really is a bloody cool set of ramps though. Im having some serious fun on this one :)

cedric van roeyen

dear creator of this awesome track,

What are your settings (bike, gameplay and controller).
Love your track btw

Best Regards

shanebell618

Quote from: cedric van roeyen on February 04, 2015, 07:23:35 PM
dear creator of this awesome track,

What are your settings (bike, gameplay and controller).
Love your track btw

Best Regards

nickuzick

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Good job man, that's what it's made for!

As for the bike / gameplay / controller settings all I remember is bike is stock. Can't check the rest right now

iceberg

That will be nice if we can have an update for Beta 3 of this track.... i do really need to practice my jumps in an easy track like that

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's on the list, not sure how ramps will work with deformation though, they might end up floating!

rc4187

You could bury the ramps a bit. that would prevent them from floating after a rut forms.