• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:01:21 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded4glory

I agree also, if they are working on X and we have suggestions on how X would be best implemented then would it not be best to take a little extra time to set X up the way that will work best for creators for the next 10 years?  I sure think so.

Also, it seems like we cant even change the rider model judging by this list:

Helmet + Goggles (model & texture)
Rider kit (texture)
Gloves (texture)
Boots (texture)
Neck Brace + Body Armour (model & texture)

I think that is a big mistake.

bearded4glory

Another quick question, does the export script for 3ds support smoothing groups?  Also, any chance of getting the script updated to 2014?

MXK_cdub85

Is there going to be a look back function that's able to be mapped to a button? It would be nice to have a way to quickly glance behind you over a triple to see if you're about to get cleaned out on the inside!  8)

Also on the subject of real time weather and deformation... In the releases that include such things, will the rain be for visual effect or will it create mud type traction and deformation? Will it dry out if the rain stops? Sorry if all of this is redundant and has been answered I searched but didn't find an adequate reply.

Thanks for your time and am truly excited to pay you my hard earned monies!
Best of luck to the dev team

Arvoss

Quote from: MXK_cdub85 on February 09, 2014, 10:17:28 PM
Is there going to be a look back function that's able to be mapped to a button? It would be nice to have a way to quickly glance behind you over a triple to see if you're about to get cleaned out on the inside!  8)

Also on the subject of real time weather and deformation... In the releases that include such things, will the rain be for visual effect or will it create mud type traction and deformation? Will it dry out if the rain stops? Sorry if all of this is redundant and has been answered I searched but didn't find an adequate reply.

Pretty sure (of course) there will be a look back button :P

On GP Bikes the track dries after a couple of hours so I think this will be the same in MX Bikes. At least, I hope the mud becomes hard (that's what she said :P ) after a while. But I don't think this will be integrated in the first version(s).

Arvoss

Quote from: ChrisK on February 09, 2014, 10:44:52 PM
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=39.0

Oh :( Maybe in the far future ;) But in fact, I don't think that mud dries very fast while riding on it :P

giopanda

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 24, 2014, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: MxMonster725 on January 24, 2014, 08:55:08 PM
Wow nice news!, But are there also two strokes and 85cc bikes?

MX Bikes will support modding, so it will be possible to add any bike.

so it will be up to the modder to add engine and physical information in the model files?
i'm afraid this will lead to some very unpleasant situations..like why not making a 85cc bike with the same horsepower as a 450?
then people will start releasing factory bikes with factory datas, real or just made up to make the bike works better than the stock one..so goodbye realism, goodbye fun..

wouldn't it be better to have piboso releasing the 'official' bike infos, then the modders can work on 3d models and texture?
this way we don't need to wonder about unfair behaviour by some immature player?

i don't know i might be just over thinking, but coming from mx simulator i know this would have been the very first thing many in the community would have done, trying to cheat in every way possible having the possibility to hack engine data files..but hopefully this will be a much more mature and respectful community and all this won't be needed..

and another question: will be controller vibration be supported?

MX181

Quote from: giopanda on February 10, 2014, 10:37:48 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 24, 2014, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: MxMonster725 on January 24, 2014, 08:55:08 PM
Wow nice news!, But are there also two strokes and 85cc bikes?

MX Bikes will support modding, so it will be possible to add any bike.

so it will be up to the modder to add engine and physical information in the model files?
i'm afraid this will lead to some very unpleasant situations..like why not making a 85cc bike with the same horsepower as a 450?
then people will start releasing factory bikes with factory datas, real or just made up to make the bike works better than the stock one..so goodbye realism, goodbye fun..

wouldn't it be better to have piboso releasing the 'official' bike infos, then the modders can work on 3d models and texture?
this way we don't need to wonder about unfair behaviour by some immature player?

i don't know i might be just over thinking, but coming from mx simulator i know this would have been the very first thing many in the community would have done, trying to cheat in every way possible having the possibility to hack engine data files..but hopefully this will be a much more mature and respectful community and all this won't be needed..

and another question: will be controller vibration be supported?

no because you can only ride certain bikes in organised races and some lobbys/races

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

Ruubs

As MX181 said, it won't be a problem. When you set up a server, you can also setup what bike physics you want in that particular server. I'm not sure if it's posible to enable different kind of physics in one server though, so my question is.

Will we be posible to enable different kind of physics (50cc, 85cc, 125cc etc.) in one server, or can we only enable one per server?

Midbeck

Will it be possible to race with up to 40 people online?
#DirtyEuro

AWood

I think physics modding will be great. Don't see the problem with someone modeling a 50 and someone creating physics for it. And a 85 and a 125 stuff like that. Or what if piboso's stock bikes are slow. They can be stock, what if somebody creates slightly faster bikes and those are the factory Mod bikes that all the "pros" will race in organzed races. SOMETIMEs. Not all the time, the community can make something more people like than the Dev created, and that's why modding is so cool and I love when devs support it. Revon physics in MVA were 100x better than stock physics in that game.

giopanda

Quote from: AWood on February 10, 2014, 05:14:21 PM
I think physics modding will be great. Don't see the problem with someone modeling a 50 and someone creating physics for it. And a 85 and a 125 stuff like that. Or what if piboso's stock bikes are slow. They can be stock, what if somebody creates slightly faster bikes and those are the factory Mod bikes that all the "pros" will race in organzed races. SOMETIMEs. Not all the time, the community can make something more people like than the Dev created, and that's why modding is so cool and I love when devs support it. Revon physics in MVA were 100x better than stock physics in that game.

the point is that since this is a simulator, it will simulate physics, as close to real life as possible.
and since this is the focal point of this software, i don't see why others should be allowed to tweak it.
because if that would be possible for sure it will lead to huge issues in the community and eventually to a total fail of it.
people will try to cheat as much as possible, will try to steal everything possible to be that 0.000000001% faster than anybody else, and it will start a war.
and when someone will release updated models with custom physics it will be a matter of minutes before it gets ripped and edited and re-released..

what's the point of having stock bikes and factory bikes?
i mean, if we had factory bikes, who would be racing stock bikes anymore?
there's nothing here that can prevent anyone to ride factory, so stock would be completely useless..

why stock bikes should be slow?
if they replicate real life counterparts than they won't be, so there won't be any reason to tweak them.

factory bikes for the pros?
who will be pro and who not?
who will decide?
i know already where this will lead..

rev physics for mva?
those were made to relive an old ARCADE game, trying to make it a bit more realistic, and some ways it was a success, but it was a complete fail on other sides: people who have waited for so long were disappointed, they disliked it and of course it got ripped and people started editing it at their own like..

there's the old saying that goes 'the more you give the more they want', and i'm sure this is what will happen if piboso give the community the freedom to mod more than the strict necessary

i repeat, i might be overthinking, but coming from mxsimulator i know the least the developer leave open to modding, the best.
mostly if we speak about game changing elements.

GDUBMX

I have to agree gio, by all means make different models etc but as for modifying the bikes performance def not. Piboso should set a dyno for each cc class which we all use as a template if you like, factory and stock bikes would be a bit silly in game I feel. Yeh it would work on a single player game like a career mode on MVA or something but not on an online only sim. Just my opinion tho guys, nice to see cool ideas knocking around tho.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

Quote from: Sandbiter on February 10, 2014, 04:36:49 PM
As MX181 said, it won't be a problem. When you set up a server, you can also setup what bike physics you want in that particular server.

sad_nag_sutures

Quote from: Midbeck on February 10, 2014, 04:51:46 PM
Will it be possible to race with up to 40 people online?