• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:21:58 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

How is the game going?

Started by motopsycho87, January 10, 2015, 01:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc4187

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 17, 2015, 08:29:38 PM
Quote from: TheFatController on February 17, 2015, 08:10:59 PM
The outside leg putting pressure on the peg is forcing the bike upright. I know it might sound odd, but you know how bikes just want to stand up when accelerating.
That's a totally different thing.

The "pressure" one can put on a peg is due to gravity, it's the rider's weight. This is directed downward, no matter the lean angle of the bike.
If the wheels are on the ground, the bike is like an inverted pendulum: as soon as it's not vertical you won't be able to pick it up with only a downward force, no matter where you apply it, inside or outside. Give how close to the bike middle the pegs are (they extends just a little lo the left/right), even a small lean should make a force on the outer peg translate in the bike falling even more on the inside.

Again, I have no reason at all to doubt that "putting pressure on the outside peg" is the proper thing to do. It's just the explanation of why it is so that is still unclear to me.

MaX.

I guess all I can say to you is go out and ride and see how your theories hold up. All I know is the day I learned to weigh the outside peg was the day I could turn the throttle harder through a corner. I certainly won't get into a physics argument... but weight on outside peg = more traction.

HornetMaX

Quote from: rc4187 on February 18, 2015, 04:42:12 AM
I guess all I can say to you is go out and ride and see how your theories hold up. All I know is the day I learned to weigh the outside peg was the day I could turn the throttle harder through a corner. I certainly won't get into a physics argument... but weight on outside peg = more traction.
But I never doubted this, I said in at least 3 messages above (4 with this one) that I do believe you and the other riders saying that this is true.
It's just the explanation provided that is unclear. But to ride you don't need the explanation :)

MaX.

teeds

This probably won't help but here goes anyway. In my mind counter leaning is about 2 things, the rider getting his weight above the leant over bike and perpendicular to the ground, but also lets the riders bike move beneath him without the rider adding his weight to the kinetic energy of the bikes drifting motion.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba