• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:49 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

Piboso/snappe is it likely we will see core.exe crashes on this game?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

showtimemx

Quote from: giopanda on February 10, 2014, 05:32:52 PM
Quote from: AWood on February 10, 2014, 05:14:21 PM
I think physics modding will be great. Don't see the problem with someone modeling a 50 and someone creating physics for it. And a 85 and a 125 stuff like that. Or what if piboso's stock bikes are slow. They can be stock, what if somebody creates slightly faster bikes and those are the factory Mod bikes that all the "pros" will race in organzed races. SOMETIMEs. Not all the time, the community can make something more people like than the Dev created, and that's why modding is so cool and I love when devs support it. Revon physics in MVA were 100x better than stock physics in that game.

the point is that since this is a simulator, it will simulate physics, as close to real life as possible.
and since this is the focal point of this software, i don't see why others should be allowed to tweak it.
because if that would be possible for sure it will lead to huge issues in the community and eventually to a total fail of it.
people will try to cheat as much as possible, will try to steal everything possible to be that 0.000000001% faster than anybody else, and it will start a war.
and when someone will release updated models with custom physics it will be a matter of minutes before it gets ripped and edited and re-released..

what's the point of having stock bikes and factory bikes?
i mean, if we had factory bikes, who would be racing stock bikes anymore?
there's nothing here that can prevent anyone to ride factory, so stock would be completely useless..

why stock bikes should be slow?
if they replicate real life counterparts than they won't be, so there won't be any reason to tweak them.

factory bikes for the pros?
who will be pro and who not?
who will decide?
i know already where this will lead..

rev physics for mva?
those were made to relive an old ARCADE game, trying to make it a bit more realistic, and some ways it was a success, but it was a complete fail on other sides: people who have waited for so long were disappointed, they disliked it and of course it got ripped and people started editing it at their own like..

there's the old saying that goes 'the more you give the more they want', and i'm sure this is what will happen if piboso give the community the freedom to mod more than the strict necessary

i repeat, i might be overthinking, but coming from mxsimulator i know the least the developer leave open to modding, the best.
mostly if we speak about game changing elements.

gio I can understand your concerns with cheating but I think you are overthinking it.  Mods can make a game 10x better than it would have been otherwise, imagine if jlv would have allowed even a small amount of modding we might have actually got a bike and rider preview in the menu because guys like attacker and others with the coding skill could have done it a lot quicker than JLV.  He'll look at what has been done with Skyrim, they not only made that game look amazing they almost successfully got multiplayer put in a game that didn't have it.

While I understand you concern for cheating have a little more faith in people, just because mx sim community has issues doesn't mean that needs to be the case here.  As long as we don't get the extreme sides ruining it for everyone, aka the people that get made to be mods and all of the sudden they are on a high horse, or the guys that have to be constantly knocking people just because, which if you ask me was a big problem on the mx sim forums certain people who I will not name had to constantly knock people instead of teach them.  Which brings me to the next group those that don't try to learn instead they are immature and demand everything and have to constantly be creating new topics for every little thing that pops into there 12yr old head.  If we can figure out a way to minimize these groups I think everything will be fine.

So lets see what we have to work with first and then hopefully the talented people will create great things and at the same time can help teach those that are willing to learn, all the while those getting things for free can enjoy it and be thankful.

bearded4glory

I agree with ^.  I think that starting over from scratch with a new community will hopefully allow a fresh start for everyone.  One of the things that kills sim is that JLV is not interested in being the bad guy and gives people too many chances and doesn't really enforce rules.

I know my first course of action when this reaches public beta is to start working on some pitbike mods.  Might need some help with the physics side of it since I have no experience working on anything like that before.

DD

Nobody will force you to install mods that you don't like. Install the ones YOU want to play with and have the game that YOU like.

It's as easy as that.

As far as cheating,
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 27, 2014, 04:03:27 PMHelmets, bike models, physics... Everything will be moddable.
There are checks to prevent clients from running with different physics on the same server, though.

AWood

I'm on my phone gio so cannot address every issue. But why not? People like to ride slow bikes too. Why ride a 125 or 250 in sim when I have the 450? Like sayin why would I ride stock instead of Mod in this game? What if certain race series had different classes got the bikes since they're different? That's a reason to ride the slower bikes. You say why mod a simulation of real world physics? Nothing against the developers what if their physics suck? We can mod better ones. Just depends. And why NOT have mod bikes for the pro races. Anyone can be a pro they're just used in the pro series. In real life mod bikes are twice as fast as a stock bike. That's why we need them and they'd be fun. Not saying stock bikes are slow, but there not as fast as what a modded factory bike would be.

AWood

Quote from: bearded4glory on February 10, 2014, 08:03:20 PM
I agree with ^.  I think that starting over from scratch with a new community will hopefully allow a fresh start for everyone.  One of the things that kills sim is that JLV is not interested in being the bad guy and gives people too many chances and doesn't really enforce rules.

I know my first course of action when this reaches public beta is to start working on some pitbike mods.  Might need some help with the physics side of it since I have no experience working on anything like that before.

I can try to help.

People need to realize mods aren't always bad. Sure you may get the smart guy who makes a hack, but for every havk there's 100s of good mods. How did Counter strike come to be? Or just cause 2 a triple a title was modded to have a HUMUNGOUS online multiplayer mod. Stuff like that will be good.

DD

I believe my previous post in this thread sums up the mod discussion.

Mace-x

i love mods and i probably would be one of the people who would like to see a pitbike with a 450cc engine, but that´s just because the point of a game is to have fun, and as piboso said there´s checks to prevent people from racing with different physics so we´re allright :)

DD

How will the rider return to the bike in the event of a crash?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Midbeck on February 10, 2014, 04:51:46 PM
Will it be possible to race with up to 40 people online?

Not in the first release.
The netcode has several bugs to be fixed.

MX181

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 10, 2014, 11:51:39 PM
Quote from: Midbeck on February 10, 2014, 04:51:46 PM
Will it be possible to race with up to 40 people online?

Not in the first release.
The netcode has several bugs to be fixed.

Glad 40 man gates will be supported.

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

attacker5

If you think about it, a game is fun because there is a challenge to it. I know from experience, as soon as you use a cheat code in a game, it loses all its flare, because you just "saw the best it can be" so whats the incentive of playing more? The key to getting people hooked to a game is to always have them waiting for a tiny bit more, and as that is given, there is another small thingy just out of reach. That keeps a player into the game and excited for more.

Sure, physics modding will be fun, hell, I will love to do it, but of course there will be releases of a 1200cc 85 and all that, at that will also ruin it. Personally, if physic modding was to be there, Id suggest it is very limited, in a sense that it is basically adjust sliders within a given range for multiple parameters, maybe with a trade off between parameters, for example altering the torque curve, but not being able to just power = 9999 or something.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for modding, and I for one have been thinking countless hours how awesome it will be to mod MXS physics. Unfortunately, it will also ruin the experience, if it wasn't limited considerably.

Phathry25

rFactor and games like that make a strong argument for allowing everything to be changed in mods.  Hard to argue with it's success.

MX181

Quote from: Phathry25 on February 11, 2014, 06:44:23 AM
rFactor and games like that make a strong argument for allowing everything to be changed in mods.  Hard to argue with it's success.

but i dont think its everything and rather is limited so it doesnt get out of hand, and ive also had lots of fun with others playing rfactor before

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

Phathry25

No, it's everything. Trust me, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.