• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:32:14 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Questions

Started by PiBoSo, January 22, 2014, 11:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Tmax94 on February 06, 2015, 03:54:01 PM
Unable to join this server !

PiBoSo Dedicated    +       2 / 16    Practice Track    Open    10%          Practice       Join

This is normal normal ??

It's a test server with Beta3, so all normal  :)

JohnnyMac

Will the FOV limit of 90 be increased on the options screen to allow for higher FOV? I understand the settings file or whatever can be changed but its annoying this limit is even in place.

PiBoSo

Quote from: JohnnyMac on February 24, 2015, 10:59:31 PM
Will the FOV limit of 90 be increased on the options screen to allow for higher FOV? I understand the settings file or whatever can be changed but its annoying this limit is even in place.

Even if you are used to crazy angles, please give a lower FOV a try.
It's much more realistic and immersive.

JohnnyMac

Crazy angles? Wow, whatever I will use the stupid settings file if its that big of an issue. I was thinking around 100-110 just to get a better view of bike and a bit more peripheral for close racing of bikes in first person view. Btw, your engine doesn't think its crazy lol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_vision

PiBoSo

Quote from: JohnnyMac on February 25, 2015, 02:04:09 AM
Crazy angles? Wow, whatever I will use the stupid settings file if its that big of an issue. I was thinking around 100-110 just to get a better view of bike and a bit more peripheral for close racing of bikes in first person view. Btw, your engine doesn't think its crazy lol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_vision

Sorry, didn't want to offend :-[
It's just that some other MX software by default uses a very high FOV, that many are now used to, and this is very annoying.
Please note that you are seeing the virtual world through a relatively small monitor.
Considering the distance of the eyes from the screen, a realistic FOV would probably be around 40, or even less.
Of course a compromise must be used to have some peripheral vision, but values above 90 completely destroy the immersion.
The ideal solution would be to use a triple screen setup, that MX Bikes supports.

22Ryann

GDUBMX

Piboso we have 880 members here on the forum, I'm curious to know how many of which own the full game? I've only ever seen a maximum of 7racing online which is sad, beta 2 is still a lot of fun especially racing with guys online.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: gdubmx on March 24, 2015, 10:57:29 AM
Piboso we have 880 members here on the forum, I'm curious to know how many of which own the full game?

And remember you don't need to register on the forum to buy the full game, I'd imagine there's a lot more license keys out there! But think - 880 members, if they each buy the game that's over 20 grand  :D

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on March 24, 2015, 10:57:29 AM
Piboso we have 880 members here on the forum, I'm curious to know how many of which own the full game? I've only ever seen a maximum of 7racing online which is sad, beta 2 is still a lot of fun especially racing with guys online.

Many licenses were sold, but that's not really the point.
Until physics is improved and online is smoother, most users will not race.

Even Kart Racing Pro, that has 10 times the MX Bikes users, is not used much online.

GDUBMX

Thanks piboso. I hope beta 3 is the turning point for alot of folks. I'm really excited about the new changes and hope more guys will take to the online aspect. Be nice to see more more growth in this community, especially regarding user content such as models and more tracks. I'm hoping beta 3 is enough to start building up a series for us to compete in. :) piboso, do you and snappe fancy racing online tonight? I know fats will :)

daffernn

Piboso will this ever go on steam i feel like it will reach a bigger player base?

PiBoSo

Quote from: daffernn on March 24, 2015, 02:27:23 PM
Piboso will this ever go on steam i feel like it will reach a bigger player base?

Maybe, no decision about Steam yet.
The platform shouldn't make a big difference anyway, as long as MX Bikes is properly advertised.

Mace-x

Steam should rise the sales a lot, there's ultra crap games that gets sales only because they are on steam, plus the early acces program really suits this game development path.

GDUBMX

I made a thread on this last year, I know piboso would get shafted on his prices but it would be the only MX sim on there. Trouble is you'd still get the casual fans who'd want tracks and gear etc without creating themselves. The steam workshop would be pretty tho.This is why we need a decent well thought out,easy to use MX bike content site with friendly tutorials, skin packs,templates etc. I'd love to see this on steam.

thisisdef

Quote from: gdubmx on March 24, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
I made a thread on this last year, I know piboso would get shafted on his prices but it would be the only MX sim on there. Trouble is you'd still get the casual fans who'd want tracks and gear etc without creating themselves. The steam workshop would be pretty tho.This is why we need a decent well thought out,easy to use MX bike content site with friendly tutorials, skin packs,templates etc. I'd love to see this on steam.

I didn't even think about the steam workshop. TBH I have more fun on MX-Bikes than the new MVA game 0.o
I'm all for steam.

Not to mention steam boxes coming out soon and people could play MX-Bikes on a "console" =D
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.