• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:25:19 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Simulator Replacement?

Started by MotardMatt, February 01, 2014, 07:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giopanda

attacker5

Since I have been called out, I will give my 2-cents.

I think MXS is a great game, and a great community believe it or not. Yes there are arguments and rages daily, but look at what they have created. JLV provided the world with the tools to create, many tried, many failed, but many also succeeded, and by doing so they all together developed hours and hours and hours of fun and enjoyment for each other. Yes, I have had my moments of utter frustration and rage too, I admit, I lost my temper more than a few times, and so have other members who have also created a substantial amount for MXS.

All I can say is, I hope those who do come from MXS mature, grow and build on what they have learnt, I sure will. I do however believe that with the MXS track record, if this forum isn't guarded like a boarding gate by TSA agents, we can be assured it will get very rough very quick.

I think its unrealistic to expect people to not come over from MXS or to expect that they wont behave the same, but I hope we will all use this as an opportunity to surrender our weapons instead of reload. People like GioPanda for one, will for sure help build this community, I just hope its the real one, unlike multiple attempts on other forums.

Good Luck with the game, I have been in that position myself and it is super exciting, I hope you all the best!

GDUBMX

Ramon where can I play motosim? Sounds awesome.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

attacker5

You can check out the website, although the last released version is still very very dodgy and mainly for platform testing purposes. The forum is also a little abandoned, but none the less, I should continue work on it when I find time. The original intent of MotoSim was to program a suspension system that works and adjusts EXACTLY like a real world system. To the point where I used it to test various clickers on terrain which we then used on a real bike. The system goes as far as Oil Viscosity in the fork tubes and even creating your own shim stack and valving. Due to this we kind of lost the "Game" behind it, since it was more of an experiment. Feel free to check it out at www.motosim.org

Cheers
Ramon

MaxCups

first post, hi everyone...

seemed like everyone has commented in this so thought this would be a good place to start for me... like most here i played mxs but the game was never what i wanted it to be and the community wasnt friendly to people who wanted change like i needed so i stayed quite in fear... until now

i see plenty of friendly names and many who pushed the game creativly and some not so friendly faces that hopefully will learn that the attitude that had over on the other form will not be accepted here... no names but you know who you are... but mxking and sag have it pretty right on...

cant wait for the first update so i can finally get to playing a real simulator ;D

Ohagan75

Quote from: MXkingUSA on February 10, 2014, 11:47:36 AM
Yeah, i agree.
Phantry25
PumaXCS
Ohagen75
AWood
Attacker5

Just to name a few. as long as those jerks stay away this place will be rad.
Two things:
-It's Ohagan, not Ohagen
-What have I ever done to you to piss you off? Who even are you? At least I don't hide behind some fake name acting all tough.

I plan to still play both games, and not side with one or the other, but to call me a jerk and to stay away, that's just plain rude

KaseoDip

Quote from: sad_nag_sutures on February 10, 2014, 05:19:44 PM
every time i see a post by people such as pumaxcs or phathry25, it is condescending and hateful.  from my experiences, awood seems like an extremely kind, thoughtful, and patient individual, but he has been alienated by grouches. i can't wait to see how much better this game will obviously be with all the respectful members of the rotting husk of a community that mx simulator is.
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH!! PUMA?! Puma is the best! I have never seen him do anything stupid on the forum. And AWOOD?! Every time I see AWood post in the MXS forum, he is always in an argument and getting mad at people. Not sure how you see him as "kind" and "patient".

DD

How about all of you keep your personal feelings to yourselves? Thank you.

sad_nag_sutures

awood is obviously just misunderstood. everyone over on that forum calls him a drunk asshole just because he brews and drinks fine beer, as he humbly showed, and because he provides well-thought-out and legitimate arguments against other, stupid users. pumaxcs does nothing but berate people; his snarky and sarcastic little remarks will eventually end him up in a hospital or in a casket with a hole in his face.

Mace-x

God!
please stop arguing like 5 year old kids and grow up, who cares if you like phatry, attacker, puma, awood or anyone, i guess we are all here for the same reason, MX-Bikes, so please guys, please lets keep this forum about what it is, thank you!  :)

AWood

Quote from: sad_nag_sutures on February 11, 2014, 01:52:47 AM
awood is obviously just misunderstood. everyone over on that forum calls him a drunk asshole just because he brews and drinks fine beer, as he humbly showed, and because he provides well-thought-out and legitimate arguments against other, stupid users. pumaxcs does nothing but berate people; his snarky and sarcastic little remarks will eventually end him up in a hospital or in a casket with a hole in his face.
Funny thing is I hardly ever get drunk. But that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me :P

I like everyone. :)

DD

Remember kids, self disclosure over the internet (especially via a gaming forum) is never a good idea.

BCROOM45

Everybody needs to go into this forum and game open minded. Not prejudge people that you may know of from the mxs forums by their past experiences or doings. For one, everyone deserves a fresh start coming into this new game. Also, If you want the forums to be "better" than the mxs forums, talking about other people that were supposedly "bad" in other forums (Not accusing anybody) isn't going to start this community off clean. Keep doing this and it will lead straight downhill from there.

So all I'm saying, is have a little respect, and try to be nice to everyone! It's not too hard  :D I also hope PiBoSo is strict on his rules he has or will create on this forum, as that will help keep a lot of the segregation and what not away.
Instagram: baileycroommusic
YouTube: Baileycroommusic

MX181

Quote from: bc45 on February 11, 2014, 02:01:09 AM
Everybody needs to go into this forum and game open minded. Not prejudge people that you may know of from the mxs forums by their past experiences or doings. For one, everyone deserves a fresh start coming into this new game. Also, If you want the forums to be "better" than the mxs forums, talking about other people that were supposedly "bad" in other forums (Not accusing anybody) isn't going to start this community off clean. Keep doing this and it will lead straight downhill from there.

So all I'm saying, is have a little respect, and try to be nice to everyone! It's not too hard  :D I also hope PiBoSo is strict on his rules he has or will create on this forum, as that will help keep a lot of the segregation and what not away.

check this intelligent guy out. totally agree with you man

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

pulse

sounds like the mxs forums already.  :'(

lets please get pass this bs.