• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:48 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

3D models / animations.

Started by Mace-x, March 28, 2015, 03:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Hi guys, made this topic so we can share a little bit of 3d, including showcases and tips  ;D

i´ll start with my 2014 Reel, i´m working on a new one now  :)

https://www.youtube.com/v/6LRCHjowjGM

This one was a mix of the university so it has a lot of stuff, the new one is more focused on photorealism and 3d scenes.

MXK_cdub85

Very cool! I would love to learn that side of design. What tools/programs do you primarily use? You are currently going to university for design work? Good stuff Mace!

Mace-x

Thanks man!  :)
i started trying to model for mx simulator  :-[

Then i went out of school and had to pick a career, this was it, i studied 5 years Digital animation (could´ve reduced to 2 or 3 tho, lots of shit that is not important xD)

now i´m finishing university and working on my tesis, hopefully i´ll have the title this year  ;D

Regarding programs i mostly use 3d´s max with mental ray and vray renderers, photoshop, after effects, premiere, blender, sony vegas and i can get my way around with basic stuff in unity, unreal engine 4, realflow, nukex and some other stuff.

My new reel is entirely done on 3d´s max + vray, it should be out in about 1 week, i´ll post it once it´s done  :D

some sneak peaks:

MXK_cdub85

:o
Damn son! Talented sob! That's some awesome work my friend. I'm a graphic design drop out lol, had to make money in a hurry. Now years later I'm still doing freelance graphic design and such. I really want to learn the 3d side of things. Any good resources you'd recommend? Is your goal to go into game design/art?

GDUBMX

Amazing! This is pro level stuff. Are you familiar with p2sta BTW, his bike renders are amazing. I'd love custom ones like thes
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Wow Mace nice work mate! Media's a hard career to get into and harder to find a decent employer, or stick working for a not so good one, so I wish you the best of luck!  ;)

arnzzz

thats amazing work mace :)

looks like we have some good talent in the pool for the future modding scene on MXBikes :)

Mace-x

Quote from: MXK_cdub85 on March 28, 2015, 07:58:54 AM
:o
Damn son! Talented sob! That's some awesome work my friend. I'm a graphic design drop out lol, had to make money in a hurry. Now years later I'm still doing freelance graphic design and such. I really want to learn the 3d side of things. Any good resources you'd recommend? Is your goal to go into game design/art?

Thanks cdub!
i´m still between game art/design, 3d generalist or lighting (render) artist.

i´ts most a thing of what can i find a job on, i gotta eat you know xD

Andrew price has some kickass blender tutorials, you should check them! :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/AndrewPPrice

Quote from: gdubmx on March 28, 2015, 10:19:47 AM
Amazing! This is pro level stuff. Are you familiar with p2sta BTW, his bike renders are amazing. I'd love custom ones like thes

Yeah, P2sta has great talent!
i´d be happy to work on some mxb renders, we dont have custom models yet tho, hopefully this game will be as popular as mxsim was/is  ;D
thanks gdub!

Quote from: TheFatController on March 28, 2015, 04:14:26 PM
Wow Mace nice work mate! Media's a hard career to get into and harder to find a decent employer, or stick working for a not so good one, so I wish you the best of luck!  ;)

Thanks fats!  :D
It´s a really hard carreer, in here it´s not well payd and i´m struggling to find a decent job or a job at all, that´s why i´m working on a new reel, hopefully i can get some employer´s attention.

Quote from: arnzzz on March 29, 2015, 12:55:36 AM
thats amazing work mace :)

looks like we have some good talent in the pool for the future modding scene on MXBikes :)

Thanks Arnzzz, i love mxbikes and i´d like to mod it, in fact i have a bike lying around (Husaberg fe-450)

i dont have a decent render tho xD

but for now i wont be converting it to mxb due the lack of documentation, i struggled a lot even to understand track modding hahahaha  :-[

PizzaChet

Nice work man! The detail is getting crazy!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

arnzzz

Im not down with the 3d lingo but if I asked the question "does MXB have a max poly count for bike models?" would that make sense? :)

im just wondering if p2sta's bike or Mace's bike above would work straight in MXB, or are they way WAY to high in "polys"? (sorry if im abusing the word, like i said my 3d knowledge is weak lol)

Mace-x

Quote from: PizzaChet on March 29, 2015, 08:12:40 PM
Nice work man! The detail is getting crazy!

thanks man! :)

Quote from: arnzzz on March 29, 2015, 09:39:24 PM
Im not down with the 3d lingo but if I asked the question "does MXB have a max poly count for bike models?" would that make sense? :)

im just wondering if p2sta's bike or Mace's bike above would work straight in MXB, or are they way WAY to high in "polys"? (sorry if im abusing the word, like i said my 3d knowledge is weak lol)
no problem man, p2staa's suzuki wont work, that bike should be at least 1 million polys, altrought i'm sure it has a lower poly version somewhere.

Mine would work, it's around 12k polys with wheels, and this game handles around 90k polys bikes so i could even do a lot more details to it.

The problem is that i dont have idea on how to do it, there's no much documentation and i dont have much spare time for now :(

Mace-x

i think i cant embeed vimeo videos on here  :'(

Here`s my 2015 reel! ;D
hope you guys enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/124185230

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Really nice stuff! Gotta be honest though when I saw the screenshots I was hoping the blocks (at 15 sec) were going to be flowing like water  :D Good work man

Mace-x

Thanks guys! :D

i didnt tought about that, altrought it might be super tricky to do so, i can simulate some stuff in realflow but that would have to flow with custom gravity in different places, weird stuff, havent tryed it xD