• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:53:57 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Project Glen Helen

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, April 01, 2016, 12:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

There have been a few questions on the subject and a few hints from us so figured we may as well post progress (also mainly so nobody else starts something similar!) of a project that a couple of us might be working on  ;D Progress has been on hold for a while as B4 emerged and a few tracks were sorted out, but now it's back on.

A lot has changed since this video (recorded in Beta 3) including things like better corners, better jump faces / placement, improved uphill up st helen, and of course the textures are just placeholders - But it highlights just how accurate we are aiming to make the replica. The heightmap was created from scratch using real world horizontal and vertical measurements of the track and surrounding scenery.

https://www.youtube.com/v/WciEC058PIE

pacopastor34

I could help modeling and texturing objects if it were necessary...Let me know if I you need some kind of help.

Good work!

Wedgewood

This looks amazing Fats!  Do you ever sleep?  I can't wait to ride on it....  Keep up the good work

philiaN

Quote from: TheFatController on April 01, 2016, 12:52:24 PM
A lot has changed since this video (recorded in Beta 3) including things like better corners

I really hope you mean more berms with that  like in the video at 18 secs  8)

Btw. did anyone tried to make real ruts and tried to ride these? this would be sick

anyway it looks really promising

StoneRider

OMG this is amazing. we had a lot of good replicas on mxs but here is another level. just can't wait.

GDUBMX

yeah the track has changed a fair bit since this video was made.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

paco, thanks for the offer but Vortex Damien is doing objects, and gdub is helping out with skinning I believe.

PhiliaN, yes, that corner already has a new inside line and a better outer.

Niko Mouk

Hmm nice things are coming in this game ! Thumbs up :)
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

BadStar

April 04, 2016, 05:49:28 AM #8 Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:29:03 AM by BadStar
Wow.. I can only imagine..

You made Paleta so much better for beta 4...I'm guessing the same on glen.

You guys are awesome!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Paradox28

philiaN

Quote from: Vortex_Damien on April 09, 2016, 07:34:53 AM
Glen Helen getting done ;)

DAMN this looks so awesome!!! i can't wait anymore  8)

Midbeck

Holy crap that looks good! :o
#DirtyEuro

GDUBMX

Is that your latest version fats? 

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think so  ;)

This is the only screenshot I have right now, but it looks cool and is from a couple of versions back.

GDUBMX

Awesome,  yeah been loving this version mate,  ease don't change the heightmap again haha this is the best version :)