• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:25:55 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Ended topic

Started by CSchmied986, April 04, 2016, 06:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneRider

Quote from: MotoStar on April 04, 2016, 05:46:20 PM
Quote from: TheFatController on April 04, 2016, 05:21:55 PM
Also.. how come the side of the bike that's in shadow is the lightest and the side of the bike in the light is darker? ???
Ya I wonder how that could be?

cuz of the spec map. it's even lighter on the other side.

StoneRider

StoneRider

just put the rake angle to 26 and it's a lot better. and it's also better good looking.

Does anyone can tweak his own geom on a models and still play online ?

StoneRider

Quote from: geofanatec on April 04, 2016, 07:35:37 PM
No, it has to match.

Well, has to match what is on server at least.

Be better for Motostar to get the mud right, fix normals in skin, and consider the rake change and re-upload.

+1

I can help with the mud layer and stuffs... :)

CSchmied986

Stone would you be interested in fixing these problems? Beyond what is there i am totally lost.

StoneRider

Quote from: MotoStar on April 04, 2016, 08:29:32 PM
Stone would you be interested in fixing these problems? Beyond what is there i am totally lost.

i'm on it

CSchmied986

Thanks brotha! Do you need the spec map? And sorry everyone for the issues, im really trying get it right!

Wedgewood

I've only ridden the 250 so far but it's an awesome bike with tons of power.  Really stable in flat turns but I can't seem to get it to ride a berm on the bowl turns.  Can't wait to see the updated model.  Great job, Motostar, keep up the good work.

CSchmied986

Thank you! I think your problems in the bowl turns are because right now the bike turns sharper, so you cant lean down all the way or he'll wash out.

ChrisK

like the bug mud mor then the original one :) Looks more realistic for me

StoneRider

Quote from: ChrisK on April 04, 2016, 09:06:20 PM
like the bug mud mor then the original one :) Looks more realistic for me

where do you ride mate ?? on a aches track ?? ^^

GDUBMX

the engine and exhaust still look pretty poor quality compared to the rest of the bike, even after i downloaded and added that new norm. i have to point our perhaps it has something do with the incredibly small engine part of the template?

perhaps because the textures are so small to begin with they just stretch right out and look bad? compared to the size of pibosos engine skin this is tiny.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

CSchmied986

Yea it's because of the small parts. The stock bikes have their own part template. On sim the small part were not an issue but are on here  :-\

PiBoSo

Please note that textures are not limited to 2048x2048.
It is possible to use 4096x4096, too ( and don't have to be square, by the way ).
This also applies to paints: the resolution of the replacement texture can be different than the original / template one.

However, it's NOT a good idea to have everything on one texture. This way, it's not possible to have a separate, proper shader for each bike part.
A single texture also means not enough detail.

CSchmied986

Originally the textures were 4096 but the Pak files were almost 20mb each and I was afraid it would slow people's computers too much. :-\