• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:22:47 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Helmets

Started by Mace-x, April 05, 2016, 04:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Sup guys!
So i´m looking to buy a helmet, i usually do dirt jump but i wear freaking glasses and when i smack my face they fly around and if i dont wear them i cant even see the jumps haha. 8)

regarding the bike market i was looking for these:
Fly default (love it but nobody sells it here)
Fox Rampage (Ugly Af!)
Fox Rampage comp (Too pricey for the features, it looks meh.)
Fox rampage carbon (Nope, cant afford that, but i love it.)
Troy lee d2 (Had a tld carbon, didnt liked it at all)

So i started thinking about mx helmets, the rampage pro carbon is 1.1kg aprox and the mx helmets are around 1.4kg so i tought it wouldnt be a huge difference.
Any suggestions?
Was looking for something like these.
Fly Kinetic trey cannard <3
Fly f2 carbon (used)
Fox V1
One industries atom

Any toughts or guide?
Decieded on the mx helmets market because they are wider and my lenses wont smack the ground too easy  ;D

Mace-x

Fuck...
Ended up buying the rampage pro carbon  ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Mace-x on April 05, 2016, 04:47:39 AMFox rampage carbon (Nope, cant afford that, but i love it.)

Haha.. Can't count how many times I've ended up with something I thought I couldn't afford because it was the best choice! Somehow we always make it work right?  ;D

Anyway, looks good man! Sounds like the right kind of weight. I wore a Fox mx helmet when I used to race bsx and never thought it was too heavy until one day I tried my mates bell mtb full face.. Those little differences matter although I'm sure mx helmets are a lot lighter than they were in the late 90's.. :-\

BadStar

looks badassery to me
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime