• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:11:25 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Roll Call --- Location ?

Started by NorthEastMX, April 05, 2016, 03:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Suffolk
UK

Total sausage fest here then?   ;D
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PizzaChet

Based on the age and the apparent absence of women, you could unequivocally call this "A Man's Sim". You sure don't see any punks in here saying "the track is AIDS" or "someone with Downs made this" like you might elsewhere. No names mentioned.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PizzaChet on April 06, 2016, 06:40:43 PM
Based on the age and the apparent absence of women, you could unequivocally call this "A Man's Sim". You sure don't see any punks in here saying "the track is AIDS" or "someone with Downs made this" like you might elsewhere. No names mentioned.
Can't agree more (and it's more or less the same in GPB's community).
I'd speculate the reason is that GPB/MXB are too difficult for the average youngster.
Which is not at all surprising considering the pranksters are accustomed to playing smartphone games  ::)

Hope it stays like that. But I've seen bad vibes in the KRP community :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's a tough call to make though.. On one hand we don't want this community saturated with the kind of people who have ruined the other motocross game, but on the other hand they could be the biggest market. My guess is that given the limited options most people interested in playing a motocross sim will have picked up MXS at some point..

Cobra, who are the 35 plus MCM guys? I don't recognise any names except for 22ryan and that was only by chance lol..

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on April 06, 2016, 07:08:11 PM
It's a tough call to make though.. On one hand we don't want this community saturated with the kind of people who have ruined the other motocross game, but on the other hand they could be the biggest market.
I know, I know. But I prefer 3 friends than 20 "friends".
That said, it's not me poaching the money of the licenses so ... :)

NorthEastMX

I was talking about age ... average is about 35 ...    I think we have a hand fill of MCM guys from 1998-2004 ish

Quote from: TheFatController on April 06, 2016, 07:08:11 PM
It's a tough call to make though.. On one hand we don't want this community saturated with the kind of people who have ruined the other motocross game, but on the other hand they could be the biggest market. My guess is that given the limited options most people interested in playing a motocross sim will have picked up MXS at some point..

Cobra, who are the 35 plus MCM guys? I don't recognise any names except for 22ryan and that was only by chance lol..

Scuzzy285

well i guess i can be considered older because i dont act my age and sure as hell dont play smartphone games i get no enjoyment from them but i feel like a baby compared to the community but honestly thats fine cause i dont get along with my age group.
Aerial Racing Team

bassit

BadStar

April 07, 2016, 01:43:55 AM #38 Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 01:46:31 AM by BadStar
1st mx game was mcm and I am 30.. so I'm not sure why 35 is the limit but I get it! Either way I played mcm, mcm2 and have only dreamed of something as good for years. Mxb is my new mcm..

I also played a flight sim on floppy disk..so yea, I'm not sure exactly when the age means everyone is a call of duty player..but I'm sure 30 is getting close, like 28. Lol

Anyway, if we decide we like the community how it is then we can simply have a white listed, realism forum alot like arma.. kids will be everywhere but you can easily be a part of a large, mature and serious community with no kids or trolls to hassle u. Btw all mature kids don't count, join us!

I think girls are less into riding mx in the first place, and mx is not as popular as we may wish in games as a sport. so they won't find this game until it gets bigger..just an opinion obviously
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x

So, i lived in a town where we didnt have much tv, not to mention internet, my dad bought me a honda qr50 and i was so happy, all i wanted to do is was to ride bikes like my brothers, both had xr250, later had a xr 100 and we were on vacations in the country, i was 8yo, we were in a town when we came inside a shop, i was looking around when suddenly i saw this...

Fuck, i really lost it, played it around a year, all day everyday, freeride was so fun, the tricks, the tracks, everything, was the best game ever!
then in the early 2000´s i has acces to internet with a 56k modem, and suddenly i tryed to search for motocross madness 2 and guess what, i found it!  :o
i played that game for so much time, i still do from time to time, jumping into the moving train was the best!
and this intro/song stuck forever.

https://www.youtube.com/v/EO54BRtnEjc

That´s pretty much my history, then i didnt had enough money to buy motocross bikes so i sticked to jump bicycles, i still do jump bikes, love it  ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

April 07, 2016, 09:04:01 AM #40 Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:25:19 AM by TheFatController
Sounds familiar! I played the crap out of mcm, but I only ever made supercross tracks for it in the track editor where pieces snapped together.

Then my local computer shop had mcm2 on the shelf one day and I couldn't believe it.. None of this watching trailers for a game a year before release back in those days huh! Got it home and it was the best game I'd ever played.. Then finding the msn gaming zone was like first entering the matrix. I'd played lan games with my brother plenty but never online games as the small village I grew up in had the slowest dial up known to man. Mind blown..

Loved making tracks and skins for mcm2 and couldn't wait for the next game I could do the same in.. Shame that didn't happen until 11 - 12 years later!

Loved the intro mace.. That got me into incubus big time.

Anyone remember the 5 videos that came up if you left it for too long? Think that was mcm1.. I used to watch supercross and mxgp on eurosport but seeing free ride in those videos was a total revelation.

Midbeck

I dont think i was old enough to fully enjoy MCM, but the little time i did spend in that game was amazing! Great story mace-x, it's so weird to hear how you got 56k modem in the early 2000's. We have had Fiber internet in some towns since the late 90s hehe.
#DirtyEuro

GDUBMX

Quote from: Midbeck on April 07, 2016, 11:28:03 AM
I dont think i was old enough to fully enjoy MCM, but the little time i did spend in that game was amazing! Great story mace-x, it's so weird to hear how you got 56k modem in the early 2000's. We have had Fiber internet in some towns since the late 90s hehe.
holy shit, thats insane! i remember having 56k in the late 90s early 2000s, i also worked at a cybercafe as a network admin when i was 15 (1999) they had 112k isdn lol. man, some good times! i remember playing the hell out of MCM, i always spent more time on MCM2 though, i swear that  CS/Diablo2  were the best pc games going :D the goldenage of motocross, watching terra firma and crusty demons, playing MCM2 and Ricky Carmichael Championship MX haha :D
https://www.youtube.com/v/CvZ6DZ8ljBI
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Too right gdub :) I still have a stack of copied CD's of all the crusty films!

As for connections, the village I grew up in didn't get anything better than dial up until at least 2005. I remember my dad getting dual ISDN and it being amazing for about 3 months lol. Didn't have a clue what people from the states playing MCM2 were on about when they said they were on cable haha..

pacopastor34

Quote from: Mace-x on April 07, 2016, 02:25:08 AM
So, i lived in a town where we didnt have much tv, not to mention internet, my dad bought me a honda qr50 and i was so happy, all i wanted to do is was to ride bikes like my brothers, both had xr250, later had a xr 100 and we were on vacations in the country, i was 8yo, we were in a town when we came inside a shop, i was looking around when suddenly i saw this...

Fuck, i really lost it, played it around a year, all day everyday, freeride was so fun, the tricks, the tracks, everything, was the best game ever!
then in the early 2000´s i has acces to internet with a 56k modem, and suddenly i tryed to search for motocross madness 2 and guess what, i found it!  :o
i played that game for so much time, i still do from time to time, jumping into the moving train was the best!
and this intro/song stuck forever.

https://www.youtube.com/v/EO54BRtnEjc

That´s pretty much my history, then i didnt had enough money to buy motocross bikes so i sticked to jump bicycles, i still do jump bikes, love it  ;D

That was my favourite game for yearssss. Mi juego favorito locooooo jajaja.

And I started to follow incubus too trough the mcm2 intro.

I remember the big ski jump and the "asphalt" paths. I loved it!