• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:50:05 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Roll Call --- Location ?

Started by NorthEastMX, April 05, 2016, 03:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midbeck

I guess Sweden as a nation have been among the front countries when it comes to developing the internet technology for a while. Most citys and most suburban areas have fiber connections. It's only the countryside that are lacking fiber but they can often get 4g or ADSL/VDSL so they can get anything from 8-60mbit.
#DirtyEuro

davidboda46

I played a lot of MCM and MCM2, and I had an US Robotics modem (love that name btw). Anyone remember Edgar Torronteras' Extreme Biker (Sierra 1999) :) I used to work as a video game reviewer so I got a copy of most games (some were "gold"-discs or wierd variants were the copy protection of a pre-release game could be a dongle you plugged into the printer port"). Also have "classics" like Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing and Castrol Honda Superbike 2000 to name a few of the less popular ones.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46   
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

NorthEastMX

Loved Edgar Torrenteras !!!

Quote from: davidboda46 on April 07, 2016, 03:55:38 PM
I played a lot of MCM and MCM2, and I had an US Robotics modem (love that name btw). Anyone remember Edgar Torronteras' Extreme Biker (Sierra 1999) :) I used to work as a video game reviewer so I got a copy of most games (some were "gold"-discs or wierd variants were the copy protection of a pre-release game could be a dongle you plugged into the printer port"). Also have "classics" like Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing and Castrol Honda Superbike 2000 to name a few of the less popular ones.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

PizzaChet

I played the crap out of the MCM2 demo since it allowed online play. Can't remember my online name, lol. Didn't buy it until too late to enjoy much online play since I was busy learning Grand Prix Legends. 56k modem FTW! I still have my 7 floppies for Windows 3.1 and some games like Grand Prix and Flight Sim 4 or 5. Good times.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PizzaChet on April 07, 2016, 06:42:03 PM
I played the crap out of the MCM2 demo since it allowed online play. Can't remember my online name, lol. Didn't buy it until too late to enjoy much online play since I was busy learning Grand Prix Legends. 56k modem FTW! I still have my 7 floppies for Windows 3.1 and some games like Grand Prix and Flight Sim 4 or 5. Good times.
Grand Prix !!
But I have to admit that, despite I'm not a big car sim fan, the strongest memory I have from that era is Indianapolis 500: 1 track (oval) and that's all. I played it 100% length plenty of times. And no, it had no online :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Indy 500 was great.. I used to play that constantly. My earliest memory of a racing game on a home pc was Death Track... Now looking back it looks dated as balls but I guess back then your imagination filled in the blanks.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 07, 2016, 09:05:06 PM
Quote from: PizzaChet on April 07, 2016, 06:42:03 PM
Grand Prix !!
But I have to admit that, despite I'm not a big car sim fan, the strongest memory I have from that era is Indianapolis 500: 1 track (oval) and that's all. I played it 100% length plenty of times. And no, it had no online :)

yeah, Indianapolis 500 was good. And of course Geoff Crammond Grand Prix and the ones that followed in that series. Found this and it gave me flashbacks (in a good way). :) Lot of hours spent on that one...
http://www.youtube.com/v/qATaCWHLAxw

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

BadStar

Thx for posting those 2 vids..especially mcm2 intro!

Time flies.. last time I went to a SX (before atlanta this year) was in New Orleans, and I watched Ricky and McGrath battle it out.. Windham, Pastrana etc and 2-strokes everywhere..maybe 1 or 2 thumpers rolling by.

Ok, now I am off to play mxb..duh
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

jayclem

Jayclem
Houston, Tx
United States
Age 25

Coming from mx sim.  :D
It takes no effort to be average

stevo

Stevo
Live between portsmouth and southampton...uk
Age 55

PizzaChet

Quote from: davidboda46 on April 07, 2016, 10:51:34 PM
Quote from: PizzaChet on April 07, 2016, 06:42:03 PMGrand Prix
Grand Prix !!
Indianapolis 500: 1 track (oval) and that's all.
Indianapolis 500 was good. And of course Geoff Crammond Grand Prix.
Anyone else have two Amiga 500's linked with a null modem cable for primitive multiplayer? Stuntcar Racer and F16:Combat Pilot head to head!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: PizzaChet on April 27, 2016, 11:15:22 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on April 07, 2016, 10:51:34 PM
Quote from: PizzaChet on April 07, 2016, 06:42:03 PMGrand Prix
Grand Prix !!
Indianapolis 500: 1 track (oval) and that's all.
Indianapolis 500 was good. And of course Geoff Crammond Grand Prix.
Anyone else have two Amiga 500's linked with a null modem cable for primitive multiplayer? Stuntcar Racer and F16:Combat Pilot head to head!

Not quite, my first multiplayer experience like that was two old PC's (then new), 20 meter ethernet cable going from one side of the house to the other, Rise of the Triad / Doom / and some racing games I can't remember..

Amazing experience, changed my world!

NorthEastMX

TheFatController / PizzaChet ...
You boys are showing your age  :P :P 

Doom was my first online multiplayer.. on my 14k US Robotics Modem... And my kick ass 486 dx2 ...  Ahhh  1989/1990 the good ol years !!

HornetMaX

Quote from: mxcobra on April 28, 2016, 03:13:32 AM
TheFatController / PizzaChet ...
You boys are showing your age  :P :P 

Doom was my first online multiplayer.. on my 14k US Robotics Modem... And my kick ass 486 dx2 ...  Ahhh  1989/1990 the good ol years !!

For some of us, when we started playing, online was not even there.

One of the first thing I saw on a PC (an mstrad 1512 if I recall correctly) was this:
https://www.youtube.com/v/22sJUYsEMwM

Not to talk about the stuff I had before PCs existed: Spectrum ZX81, Commodore Vic 20, ... I still remember soldering myself a memory expansion for the Vic20: a mighty 16KB !!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

My parents had the Speccy with the tape deck and keyboard all in one.. The mighty 128k!