• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:37:43 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Beta 2 Suggestions/Requests

Started by GDUBMX, October 08, 2014, 08:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

I thought I'd start this thread so Piboso would have an idea of what we think is essential toward the game. Please can we post decent and practical ideas not stupid stuff. I know a lot of what we'll discuss will probably already on the devs list but its still good to discuss.

I definitely would like to see another 3rd person view, perhaps a more static one along with an fov option. Although Ive started riding 1st person this would still be cool.

Also a skinnable bike stand would be awesome, the tga format would work well like the rest of the game.

Not sure how hard it'll be but it would be cool to have full control of the pause menu and start menus using a control pad like the 360 controller.

And I had a couple of really good ideas that spurred my interest to start this topic but luck would have it I can't remember what they were, one of those things where your led in bed and your thinking about random stuff lol. I'll think later on and add to this. And please piboso don't take anything of this thread as a personal dig and your teams hard work, this is purely a positive way of enhancing an already amazing sim.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

jbrandmx85

October 08, 2014, 04:15:11 PM #1 Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:54:07 PM by jbrandmx85
I think having an option to change bike fonts in-game would be great. We can already do rider fonts so it should be an easy addition. Also it would be nice if they moved the numbers lower on the front number plate. Looks out of place at the moment.

Braking mapped for front and back to one button. Not a need thing but really could help some guys a lot.

How about some hand guards for the bikes and an option to turn them on or off?

That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure I'll add to this later on. The game is honestly really fun and I know it will get a lot better with time. I'm excited to see what's in store for us when we get to beta 2

BOBR6 84

Be able to select different tyres with different tread patterns for feel on each surface.. (not important yet)

onlyonetone

The only thing is really like to see is an option to turn off the rider from auto centering the bike.

also piboso what's the lean aid in profile ini? Its not in game and when I turn it off it makes the auto centering crazy.

HornetMaX

Quote from: onlyonetone on October 08, 2014, 10:28:21 PM
The only thing is really like to see is an option to turn off the rider from auto centering the bike.

also piboso what's the lean aid in profile ini? Its not in game and when I turn it off it makes the auto centering crazy.
leanhelp in profile.in is in fact direct lean in-game. leanhelp = 1 --> direct lean = OFF.

There's no autocentering: with your stick you dictate the target lean angle. If you center the stick, the bike will center (slowly if direct lean is off, quickly if it is on).

If you want to keep the bike leant, you have to hold your stick to the right (or left), not to release it to the middle.

MaX.

BlizzardDUCK

I'd like a lot more weight to the rider. The rider feels weightless to me, and that the lean of the rider has no effect on the bike (only sitting down do I feel a little bit of difference between standing in sharp flat corners). And the bike feels like it has no side to side gyro when in air, but forward to back gyro feels pretty good.

Also feel like sometimes I slide out when I shouldn't. Front tire gets a push to it at odd times, like coming out of a corner sometimes the front tire doesn't feel like its turning. Steering also shuffles sometimes.

But I think all of these have helped me in MX Sim, I went back to that for a bit last night and feel like the past days playing MX Bikes improved my riding in Sim.

onlyonetone

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 08, 2014, 10:49:02 PM
Quote from: onlyonetone on October 08, 2014, 10:28:21 PM

leanhelp in profile.in is in fact direct lean in-game. leanhelp = 1 --> direct lean = OFF.

There's no autocentering: with your stick you dictate the target lean angle. If you center the stick, the bike will center (slowly if direct lean is off, quickly if it is on).

If you want to keep the bike leant, you have to hold your stick to the right (or left), not to release it to the middle.

MaX.
Ah that would make sense. I actually like direct lean a little more. I just had to get use to holding the stick in position (a lot different than my settings in MXS where the rider stays when you let go of the stick) But the direct lean helps coming out of corners immensely by straightening up faster.

HornetMaX

Quote from: BlizzardDUCK on October 09, 2014, 04:47:26 AM
And the bike feels like it has no side to side gyro when in air, but forward to back gyro feels pretty good.
There's no such a thing as "forward to back gyro". What do you mean ?

Quote from: onlyonetone on October 09, 2014, 06:51:13 AM
Ah that would make sense. I actually like direct lean a little more. I just had to get use to holding the stick in position (a lot different than my settings in MXS where the rider stays when you let go of the stick) But the direct lean helps coming out of corners immensely by straightening up faster.
Interesting, as I'd tend to think that MXS players (with your MXS settings) should find direct lean OFF more natural.

MaX.

GDUBMX

I think he means gas/brake gyro max. (I hope)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

onlyonetone

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 09, 2014, 08:43:50 AM
Quote from: BlizzardDUCK on October 09, 2014, 04:47:26 AM
And the bike feels like it has no side to side gyro when in air, but forward to back gyro feels pretty good.
There's no such a thing as "forward to back gyro". What do you mean ?

Quote from: onlyonetone on October 09, 2014, 06:51:13 AM
Interesting, as I'd tend to think that MXS players (with your MXS settings) should find direct lean OFF more natural.

MaX.

What I really like about direct lean is how fast the bike pops up after a turn. I'm messing with making SX tracks and it helps a lot.