• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:09:15 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Not really a track edition question, but I don't want to make another topic for just this question..

Does anyone want to skin some 'Human models' for me? I actually wanted to put them on my enduro track, but my skinner didn't do what he said he'd do months ago. They're very lowpoly models which could be used on tracks to get some crowd and make the track feel more alive. They are all rigged, so they can be set in any pose. I've both a man and a woman.

If anyone is interested I'll pm you the UVmap and .obj files.

BadStar

November 15, 2016, 05:04:24 AM #242 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:53:39 AM by BadStar
Still having an issue where a background treeline comes through a foreground plant.. CK_Plant1 didn't work?

More important issue: fmx ramp as object

Name & Issue

TRKSOIL_ramp   = Front wheel gets onto ramp, then like as if hit by a car

TRKASPH_ramp2  = Little past front wheel, hit by car

TRKTURF_ramp3  = Sends game into hard freeze/crash    atl-tab to desktop..

What am I doing wrong?

Update: Almost got up the ramp with TRKSOIL_ramp

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Firstly, it depends where you are adding the CK prefix. It's been over a year since I've used SU but if I remember rightly you want to change the name of the material.

So for example, you make your object using leaves.tga or something. When you click the object, the 'material' tab on the right shows what material the object uses. You change the name of the material to something like 'CK_TREE_leaves'.

Once you export your object you need to check your exported textures folder that is created in the same folder as your .dae to make sure the name has taken. You can delete the contents of this folder before exporting to make sure you're not seeing older files from previous exports.

As for the ramp, It's a funny one.

Again, if I remember rightly, you want to make sure you're changing the name of the object in the 'entities' window that pops up. Can't remember how to access it so you may need to Google if you don't already know. Make the ramp, make it a component, open the entities window for it and name it something like 'TRKCONC_Ramp1'.

TRKSOIL always gave me problems. I also used to make a ramp, went to test it in game, went back to SU to modify it, went to test it again and crashed every time I hit it. I concluded that only the first build of a ramp worked. Not sure why, might be something to do with the double sided faces, not sure.

Also, once you have this working you can make the ramp surface TRKCONC_Ramp1, and the ramp walls WLLCONC_Ramp1. Two components grouped. This means the game wont crash when you ride into the walls ;)..

Hope that helps.. It's been a long time since I've used it. Hopefully you will get so annoyed at SU's pitfalls and unreliability that you'll move on to Blender, and there are a ton of people to help you learn here and on steam if you want to :)

BadStar

Quote from: TheFatController on November 15, 2016, 09:59:28 AMHopefully you will get so annoyed at SU's pitfalls and unreliability that you'll move on to Blender, and there are a ton of people to help you learn here and on steam if you want to :)

Thank you for all the help!

Haha.. man, I am just getting the hang of using SU a little more efficiently and I must say... DEAR GOD IT HAS SOOO MANY PITFALLS AND IT INCREDIBLY UNRELIABLE.. hahaha, but I'm sticking with it on this "first" complete project as a learning step for the game more than the program. I have blender, I guess if I can put up with SU, I can learn Blender..

SU is comical.. I will export the same model into scenery.dae with the slightest change and a building I have not touched in days will be all one texture in mapview lol.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think their motto is 'if it looks good in SU that's good enough for us'.. And fair play, it's a great intro to 3d programs.. It's just a shame that it doesn't base it's general use around 3d program standards and relies on plugins to do some of that work, and once you've got to the point of using 2 year old plugins on an old version of SU just to try and uv map something and not only does that not work but causes more problrms, you throw the towel in and download blender lol

Asdrael

Be careful how you export the SU too. Last I checked, the direct export to sfb erased the name tags. For reference: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1167.msg17075#msg17075
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

I have free version so the name tags are not changed during export. thanks for looking out!!

Do you guys know if it is possible or how to have two diff sections of 3d grass?? 

I know how to do the mask..but I don't think I am coding it right.  the idea is to have the field tall and the yard short
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Sooo..
No one's interested?

Very lowpoly, but with a good texture they'll look great.
Fully rigged so they can be in any pose you want.
Man and woman model.
Man can have a little photo camera.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Remember not many people are making tracks right now ;)

They definitely look neat though!

Ruubs

Oh yes you're right, forgot that haha

Thanks

BadStar

Sand, I really like that you are making various objects and possibly releasing them... one day this will make new track makers life so much easier and may result in more content.

You don't want me skinning those..Haha, wish I could!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

No problem BadStar!

Damien is going to texture them. He said it before but I totally forgot. I'm forgetful and stupid haha

BadStar

What would be a reason for spawning back at pit after every fall?     Center-line is merged and not crossing itself..
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Quote from: BadStar on November 18, 2016, 09:41:15 PM
What would be a reason for spawning back at pit after every fall?     Center-line is merged and not crossing itself..

??

Anyone?
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime