• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:11:37 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Quote from: Snappe on January 26, 2016, 01:45:37 PM
Have you ever had collisions working before?
No, I've never had them work before.

Will it help if I send you all my files?

Snappe

Could you just post your .tht file?

rc4187

Are you models that are supposed to have collision all one model? I've had issues in the past where if I was exporting multiple models exported to the same .fbx and convert to .edf... the collision wouldn't work... If I make them all one object it works. Not sure if that helps.

Ruubs

Quote from: Snappe on January 26, 2016, 07:23:17 PM
Could you just post your .tht file?

Such a silly mistake. I forgot about the whole .tht file.
Everything works fine now! Thanks :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Didn't want to start a new topic for this..

What does 'Merge Vertices' do in FBX2EDF?

I understand the principle of merging vertices, but how does the factor / ratio / value relate to the result?

MUD

I think it's safe to assume it's in mètres, seeing as everything else I've encountered in this game is (albeit some bike adjustments are in milli's...)

Best bet would be, anytime a vertex is within the specified distance to another vertex it finds the average co-ordinate, erases the old vertices and creates a new one, with the tri's merged to the new one.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

PiBoSo: Is there any way to randomise animation stop start frames for multiple instances or do we have to create differently named textures of the same animation to get that level of control?

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on March 21, 2016, 09:48:41 PM
PiBoSo: Is there any way to randomise animation stop start frames for multiple instances or do we have to create differently named textures of the same animation to get that level of control?

Unfortunately at the moment the only way is to duplicate the texture.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sorry, one more lol..

PiBoso: I've created a new background.edf, but for some reason the entire thing seems to be in shadow.. I've tried a few tricks that I've used elsewhere and can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

March 23, 2016, 09:21:39 PM #160 Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:59:57 PM by TheFatController
All this time and I did wonder what else the ambient light did LOL..

Never mind eh? All resolved thanks :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

No, actually scratch my last post.

If I get the amb file to where I am happy with how the track looks, the background.edf is very dark. If I get the amb file to bring the background.edf out the shadow, my track is very light..

Still sure I'm missing something here?

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on March 23, 2016, 11:35:42 PM
No, actually scratch my last post.

If I get the amb file to where I am happy with how the track looks, the background.edf is very dark. If I get the amb file to bring the background.edf out the shadow, my track is very light..

Still sure I'm missing something here?

This issue needs investigation.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

March 24, 2016, 06:29:48 PM #164 Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:50:24 PM by TheFatController
Hopefully this will be the last question for a while!

PiBoSo: I seem to be having a weird shadow problem on my sky. I'm using clearsky instead of doing a separate background as per the shadow on the background issue. Am I doing something wrong here? What is the proper export process (i.e fbx2edf settings) for a sky? It's all 100% fine in mapview but in game it looks like this on just one section, no matter how much I rotate it. Thanks :)

Edit: Never mind.. Re-done and everything seems to be working. Strange  :-\