• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:31:19 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko Mouk

Hi guys, did you already face that ? My fences have an alpha channel but as you can see there is a bug. If you look from behind a fence, we can see the models which are on the background before the ones which are on the foreground.

Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Anything that is 2d with alpha channel needs the 'ck_' prefix to ensure correct sorting. You should be able to name the texture say ck_banner.

Niko Mouk

It works like a charm :) thank you !

Niko Mouk

::) still me there...

I'm trying to get the collisions working. I named my fences WLLWIRE, my fences are in one and only scene. When I create the EDF, ok it appears. There is nothing in the wiki about the collision, so I decided to test the radio "collision" in fbx2edf and I'm getting a .TRP file.

If I open it with TrackEd, load my centerline, merge and save, the track loads in game but I can't "go to track" it crashes and I see everything black behind the UI.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

If you're still using sketchup in order for collisions to work you need to make all your objects a component, and in the entity info box name it something like WLLWIRE_FENCE.

You don't need to mess around with the collision in fbx2edf, just run it as mesh as normal.

Niko Mouk

Quote from: TheFatController on April 11, 2016, 11:16:29 PMyou need to make all your objects a component

This is it  8) it works yeah

Mace-x

Does the terrain masks support normal maps?
would be nice to add the ruts depth to the ruts textures.

Also, is there plans on adding displacement maps along with the normal maps?

Mace-x

Another question, can i have a grass mask without texture?
Also, can u use the alpha channel to use transparency on a tiled texture?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You can't have a grass later with 3d grass but no texture if that's what you mean, but you can put a dirt layer on top so you effectively just get 3d grass on dirt. You could also use the same texture for your grass mask as the surface you're putting it on.

You can use transparency on a tiled texture but it causes issues when you start to get the draw distance blocks appear. You can only safely change the opacity of the mask or parts of the mask right now..

Mace-x

Thanks for that fats!  :)
Figured i could just use any layer since grass can use it´s own mask  ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

ryanmx25

WW Ranch, spent a lot of time figuring out jump shapes and what not that this game likes ;D Can anyone give me an idea of why my textures look like this in mapviewer, but like the 2nd pic ingame?

Mace-x

i'm quite sure it's because the layer tickness

philiaN

I had the same problem, so a made a track.tga (1 layer). Have you already tried to change the thickness in track.tht? If you have useful values i can change these in the text guide.

BadStar

So... I have repeatedly went through all the steps and many times have ridden my track in-game..  (thanks to everyone who makes tutorials)

Problem.. the last 5x times or more I have tried, I am no longer able to re-spawn (after a wreck) on the track..it always re locates me back to the same single point on the map.

Does anyone know why this might be? I have had it work more times then not and now it seems no matter what I get relocated to the same spawn after a wreck..any ideas?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime