• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:25:45 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Just to clarify, objects with the TRKCONC prefix receive shadows where objects without it don't. There shouldn't be any difference between how shadows are cast.

Where are the shadows supposed to be received? On the heightmap or on an object off track?

Ruubs

They're supposed to be received by the heightmap.

Ruubs

Here's an image. The tents are too shiny as well. Full black alpha on my norm tho..

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Strange..

That's a strong norm. Full black alpha means no specular, but the normal itself might be too intense?

As for the shadows, are you generating shadow maps in the params.ini? Does the tent texture have an alpha layer? If it does but it's not used I'd get rid of it just to make sure..

I've never had a problem of shadows not being generated on to the heightmap itself, only on an offtrack object. The only prefixes that stop objects generating shadows are SKIDS and DECAL I think. See if PiBoSo or Snappe have any suggestions.

Ruubs

Thanks for the help Fats!
When I get rid of the TRKCONC prefix the shadows do work.. I don't know what's going on here.

Do you have some cool low poly tent models? Too much work getting these to work properly. Accidently deleted the template awhile back. Only have the norm and .obj right now.

Ruubs

Piboso or Snappe.
Can we make our own marshall models and animations? How is this done?
If i remember correctly we can't make 3d animations for objects, can we? Might there be a secret way to do this?
Marshalls aren't on the track all the time, are they? They only appear when someone has fallen for example. Is there a way to have them on the track all the time?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Having them on the track the whole time would be great. I love the marshalls, but the appear disappear definitely throws off the feeling.

Asdrael

Quote from: Sandbiter on October 10, 2016, 03:37:48 PM
Piboso or Snappe.
Can we make our own marshall models and animations? How is this done?
If i remember correctly we can't make 3d animations for objects, can we? Might there be a secret way to do this?
Marshalls aren't on the track all the time, are they? They only appear when someone has fallen for example. Is there a way to have them on the track all the time?
I really think we need strippers to replace marshalls. Would really get that "Monster Energy Supercross" feel in the game.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I second that ;D

Or at least a flag girl!

Ruubs

So...

When loading up my track the background is all black and when I click 'to track' the game crashes.. Replay works fine tho.. I can just go in replay and see the whole track.

RiccoChicco

Looks like a centerline problem. Is it closed/merged and having a straight as starting segment and a curve as finishing one?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Never seen that before.. What did you do? Must be something different going on..

Ruubs

Don't think I've done anything different than before. My terrain size is only 200x200 meters tho. Not sure if that makes it crash.

I'll change my terrain to 400x400 and see if that fixes it. I wanted to do that anyway.

Asdrael

Spawn point inside of a collidable object?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord