• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:04:46 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing questions/help

Started by Ruubs, April 24, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giopanda

Quote from: Alex on July 12, 2018, 01:59:16 PM
sorry i should have said how to export** but thanks for info. i just have a displacement setup in blender.
but can someone please do a run down of how to export objects with textures and how to have folders setup. cant find any info on it at all and been stuck on it for few days. thanks
I've been thinking of making a tutorial about that since I've been going through days of trial and error with all the info gathered from this and all the piboso forums.. So expect something in the next few days!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Alex on July 12, 2018, 01:59:16 PM
sorry i should have said how to export** but thanks for info. i just have a displacement setup in blender.
but can someone please do a run down of how to export objects with textures and how to have folders setup. cant find any info on it at all and been stuck on it for few days. thanks

If you export your FBX from blender, you don't need to do anything. If Blender things texture1 is in desktop/textures, then you can export your FBX to any destination, and move it about, and it will always look for texture1 in desktop/textures..

The only settings you need when exporting from Blender: Export FBX, select 'mesh' from the export list, apply modifiers and turn everything else off.

Alex

July 12, 2018, 02:19:00 PM #302 Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:01:24 PM by Alex
ok cool i will give that a go. and gio that would be awesome man im sure it would help out many to come

giopanda

What is the best way to have more than one 3d grass on a single grass texture?
For now I'm using a grass texture with one 3d grass, plus a masked out 2x2pixels black texture (invisible in game) with another 3d grass with its own density mask.
Is there a better solution that allow the use of a single texture?

Vortex_Damien

this is how i have my grassfx setup

giopanda

That's interesting Vortex!
How do you use it?
But my question was different (and poorly explained, my bad)
Is there a way to apply more than one 3d grass on a single grass layer in the hmf file?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: giopanda on July 17, 2018, 08:15:46 AM
That's interesting Vortex!
How do you use it?
But my question was different (and poorly explained, my bad)
Is there a way to apply more than one 3d grass on a single grass layer in the hmf file?

I asked this before and think I was told to just repeat the layer and change the grasses.tga. You can then use a different mask if you wanted to to vary the locations it appears on a new layer.

I've done what Damien has done and used two different grass / bush textures in one grassfx file.

Snappe

Yeah you can either have a random mix of grasses tiles on one layer like Damien shows, or you can have 2 grass layers referencing different textures. I did this second method for Winchester MXoN.

giopanda

Quote from: Snappe on July 17, 2018, 04:46:53 PM
Yeah you can either have a random mix of grasses tiles on one layer like Damien shows
So as long as it is a rectangle made of squares (i know it has a name but I can't find it) it will pick randomly one of the squares?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: giopanda on July 17, 2018, 07:23:18 PM
Quote from: Snappe on July 17, 2018, 04:46:53 PM
Yeah you can either have a random mix of grasses tiles on one layer like Damien shows
So as long as it is a rectangle made of squares (i know it has a name but I can't find it) it will pick randomly one of the squares?

It's basically 4 x textures in a row. So 4 x 256 or 4 x 512 etc..

giopanda

ehstrike

Question regarding mapviewer...

I can forward and side to side but how does one move up and down?
Purchased Oct 2018
Privateer :)

iNsane

Quote from: ehstrike on November 03, 2018, 07:18:39 PM
Question regarding mapviewer...

I can forward and side to side but how does one move up and down?

CTRL + Mouse

http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Map_Viewer

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

ehstrike

Purchased Oct 2018
Privateer :)

bugatti098

December 02, 2018, 11:22:37 PM #314 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 11:24:20 PM by bugatti098
I decided I'd have a go at making a track yesterday with 0 experience, but now I'm stuck. I'm not sure how to add objects (trees specifically). Not sure what programs to use or how. Im looking for the easier/quickest way. If somebody could point me in the right direction or help me out that would be great.

Here is the progress so far. I sculpted the track in L3DT and then textured it with a single 2048x2048 google earth texture that I painted over in GIMP. I think it came out ok. It's a sandy track. Its groomed often irl but this would be it at its roughest.

https://imgur.com/a/xOFKUMA