• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:06:52 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

how I reset the terrain deformation?

Started by xtek23x, April 14, 2016, 03:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtek23x

I wish I could reset the terrain deformation in the tracks offline. The tracks that I use the most are totally destroyed and it is difficult to maintain the trajectory when cornering. Scuste for my english, I'm using google translator. I hope you have a solution

𝖙𝖋𝖈

When in testing mode, if you return to the pits I think under 'Event Info' you have a 'Reset Track' button.

HornetMaX

I think that's already the 3rd or 4th new user totally confused by the implicit save of track status. It's bad.

I'd strongly advise to revert this back to the less surprising behavior (track reload = track status is reset, except of course for online events in multiple sessions).

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I agree max but I also think there should be a 'store deform data' option somewhere. I ride with deformation disabled locally as we don't have it online yet, but it can be a lot of fun to rut a track up over a few sessions!

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on April 15, 2016, 09:13:48 AM
I agree max but I also think there should be a 'store deform data' option somewhere. I ride with deformation disabled locally as we don't have it online yet, but it can be a lot of fun to rut a track up over a few sessions!
Sure. All I'm saying is that it's better to have the "auto-save" off by default. But we do need the possibility to save the status, when needed.
Actually you may even want this:

• option/button/keyboard shortcut to save the current terrain deformation
  • drop down list to select which of the currently saved terrain deformation to load (for offline, of course), defaulting to the "default" (underformed) one.