• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:48:42 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

2016 Kawasaki 250/450/450sm V2.1

Started by StoneRider, April 14, 2016, 03:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneRider

April 14, 2016, 03:51:36 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 10:44:57 AM by StoneRider
EDIT NEW VERSION: Sunday May 29

By the initiative of NorCal 986 Motostar and with the help of Pacopastor, here is the jay's version of the 2016 Kawasaki Kxf for MX-Bikes.

Credits:
- Jay for the base model of the kxf
- Norcal for the initiative
- Pacopastor for his patience, and for being a good teacher
- Yann Bourgignon for his help on all the little parts on the model
- All of you for your patience !!

V2.1:
- New Geom file
- New normal map
- New mud layers
- New wheels
- Chain fixed (as much as i could. it doesn't really match with the sprocket but i did my best. At least there is no more double chain)

For the PSD, take 70$ with you and try to find Jay to buy it to him. Send an MP here --> http://forum.mxsimulator.com/

http://www.mxb-central.com/2016-kawasaki-kxf-250/

http://www.mxb-central.com/2016-kawasaki-kxf-450/

CSchmied986

Good job! there is just 2 things i noticed, in v2 and 2.1 the bike is really dirty after 1 lap, and for some reason my seats wont show up in game ???

StoneRider

Quote from: NorCal 986 on April 14, 2016, 06:14:16 PM
Good job! there is just 2 things i noticed, in v2 and 2.1 the bike is really dirty after 1 lap, and for some reason my seats wont show up in game ???

you got to duplicate your kxf.tga and name it seat in your pnt file. and for the dirt well, i like like this ! did you go until the 3rd mud layers ? that's what i call dirty ^^

CSchmied986

For me it just seems a bit overkill. This at half a lap, and then the final mud layer. Also, have you though of exporting the bike with 2048 textures and doing paints in 4096? It would make the file much smaller and make it a lot easier for people to use the bike (especially online) because it's such a big file. Since people have to have it to play on the server, it would be good to be PC friendly, and have paints in 4096. Just a thought, and new geom is awesome!

StoneRider

well it is may be a little be overkill yea... ^^ but it's fun. the next time i will update this kawi is when some new wheels will be released. until that we will play with this one. The geom is good, the mud layers are may be a little bit too mutch but..^^ it works good and it looks good.

The bike without any paint is with 2048x2048 texture. the skin on the model, the norm and the mud layers are small. But the paints that i will release and the stock kxf paints in the pack are in 4K. if your pc don't handle it just resize them in photoshop it's really nothing. or just delete them. But if i make a 2048 paint, it's really ugly...

PS: i see on your screenshot that your norm isn't good. in your pnt file, just put the kxf.tga and the seat.tga. the right norm is on the model allready.

And... i really like the really dirty bike. let me guys know if you want it less dirty or if you like it like this and i will listen to you for the next version's release. (not for tomorrow. i'm on another project with el paco now :P #90's#kawi's#oldschool#frostyle)

first layer

second

third

CSchmied986

There is no norm in the kxf paint? ??? Also, how do i get the mud to work for the seat?

StoneRider

CSchmied986

Ahh, I'm also trying to get permission to use P2sta's wheels, which would be an awesome addition to this game.

.tail

where i can find the template for work on a skin??

StoneRider

For the PSD, take 70$ with you and try to find Jay to buy it to him. Send an MP here --> http://forum.mxsimulator.com/

StoneRider

Quote from: NorCal 986 on April 15, 2016, 02:38:57 AM
Ahh, I'm also trying to get permission to use P2sta's wheels, which would be an awesome addition to this game.

oh yeah that would be great...

StoneRider

Edit Sunday May 29  :) you'll have to redownload them

BadStar

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Jay

Stop putting my bikes in this game.

GDUBMX

*LINKS REMOVED* Requested by the original creator.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />