• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Lack of lean angle / corner speed of supermoto compared to irl

Started by wimpsback, April 11, 2016, 02:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wimpsback

Hey guys

So when I first started driving supermoto I had a feeling that there was a lack of lean angle compared to real life. Ofcourse after some practice I learned how to get better at it but still I felt like there was a lack of corner speed (thus lean angle and side grip).

So I thought of a way to test if this were true by comparing the laptimes on a track I know in real life and in the game.
The track I chose for this was the karting track of Spa-Francorchamps (all tarmac). I got the track from the krp tracklist and installed it on MXBikes.
I went out on the track and started to get to know the lines and also ofcourse compare it to the real life track. I have to say the in-game track is pretty spot on compared to the real life track.
I started to do some fast laps and in the first 30mins of trying, I did a 52.5. (Note: I'm pretty fast on the supermoto as I have a 42.8 on Holjes. (not to brag, just as information :p) )
I already knew that supermoto riders in real life go a bit faster than that but didn't really know the exact laptimes of the fast riders. A friend of mine in real life rides supermoto in the belgian competition. He is one of the fastest guys there. I found a video of him doing 49-50's on the track, However the track was a little damp as you could see spots of water on his camera and also he was being held up be some other guy. I think that the fast laps at spa francorchamps will be at least around 47.5xx . While in MXBikes my ideal laptime after some more practice would be a 50.9.
So from what I observed I think that the supermoto in MXBikes takes much less lean angle and corner speed than the real life supermoto. To a point where it costs several seconds a lap just because of the lower corner speeds. The grip when braking and accelerating is pretty good compared to the real deal.

So yeah, I just wanted to point out that the supermoto on tarmac doesn't take enough lean angle and corner speed compared to the real supermoto racers. So please PiBoSo consider increasing the side grip/ lean angle / corner speed of the supermoto on tarmac.

Grtz Wimp
UNofficial MXBikes supermoto test rider :p

PiBoSo

.tail

i Agree with Wimpsback... the lean angle is not enought compere with the lean that u can reach with real supermoto...

also the position of internal foot and leg are not right, the supermoto position is quite different for MX position..

wimpsback

Yes tail, the inside knee should come a bit higher than compared to the kneehight when driving on the dirt.

.tail

Quote from: wimpsback on April 13, 2016, 10:46:16 PM
Yes tail, the inside knee should come a bit higher than compared to the kneehight when driving on the dirt.

Right!

CSchmied986

IMO all of the leaning seems a bit "arcade-ish" in the sense that you cant lean very far until you hit a rut, which makes it a bit unpredictable to me.

Mace-x

the leaning is in relation of the terrain inclination, so, in ruts and berms the rider leans further, and in offcamber terrains the rider barely leans, i´m not sure i really like the way it is right now but i cant really come with a better solution  ;D