• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:07:50 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

WASHOUGAL MX PARK - BETA 1

Started by Niko Mouk, April 19, 2016, 10:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

A new track is a good day, thank you! Will try when I get off work.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

[GH]Cody

question, what do you use to convert the heightmaps/greyscale from mxsim to mx-bikes? i havent looked at how tracks are created in mx-bikes but id like to port alot of my tracks that ive made over the years over to mx-bikes

Niko Mouk

I don't "convert" at all as the scale (x,y an z) is absolutely different in these 2 games, and the physics too.
I take the heightmap from mxs, import it into earthsculptor (I use it since 3 or 4 years) and redraw berms, ruts, jumps, whoops... everything has to be redraw. I keep only the layout and a part of the elevation.

This is really a lot of work only getting something ridable.
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Wedgewood

I'm very impressed with this track.  Good job.

teeds

Very good especially for a beta, terrain seems a bit dark overall maybe though?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

GDUBMX

Track feels so weird to ride without trees haha!  Always loved riding Washougal on Mx simulator.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

The only thing I could suggest on this track is the elevation. The overall height seems waaay too tall. In fact I'm surprised nobody else has said anything.

Taywok

Hello Niko, the track is awesome, it looks like really good for the rest of tracks you will do !

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Just re-read my comment.. Don't take it as a negative, I think the track is a really good start, it's more constructive criticism I guess..

Paradox28

maybe its my relative lack of expertise but it seems that mx-bikes physics doesn't like some of the ruts and things like that, either?

GDUBMX

No they don't,  the bikes don't behave how they would normally in ruts.  I tried to get some update on deformation from Piboso but as always he chooses to ignore the comments when it comes to improving certain features. Seems he only really responds to people giving him credit or basic how to questions.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PizzaChet

Quote from: TheFatController on April 22, 2016, 05:29:34 PM
The only thing I could suggest on this track is the elevation. The overall height seems waaay too tall. In fact I'm surprised nobody else has said anything.
I can say from the experience of actually walking the track on a weekday up horsepower hill that the elevation change is a little shallow, if you can believe it.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

CSchmied986

It is pretty steep IRL, but for this game it may be about right. I just think the final roller section is a bit hardcore for the physics. Hard to double and cant hit like whoops, great start though!

Niko Mouk

Quote from: gdubmx on April 24, 2016, 12:02:14 PMSeems he only really responds to people giving him credit or basic how to questions.

Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

ChrisK

I like the track, have no Problem with ruts.

what i dont like is the gras its a way to green, realy unnatural