• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:52:32 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Steam Greenlight

Started by GDUBMX, April 25, 2014, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWood

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 25, 2014, 07:54:31 PM
Quote from: gdubmx on April 25, 2014, 07:44:03 PM
No not at all, the point is it could quadruple your exposure not to mention MX or gp,plus it will bring some extra resources. I'm sure Mrs piboso would be happy.. Happy wife =happy life. Someone has already tapped into the greenlight system with "kartsim" thats had a big response.  Is it costs or legal reasons that discourage you? Have you already looked into it?

No specific reason.
But porting a software to run on Steam requires work.
Are you sure just being on Steam increases exposure? There are so many games now, and no quality approval from Valve...

Definitely. Greenlighted games get exposure, especially if you sell on steam and off steam. if it doesnt get greenlighted then people still see it because it gets voted on. idk. i think its worth the shot. just look at how many sim's are on steam

ChrisK

onlyonetone

I don't see too many Sims on steam.

ChrisK

April 29, 2014, 08:40:06 AM #33 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:41:40 AM by ChrisK
Flight sims
Asseto corsa

THERealJM

Its proven everyday, that our fan base of a community is so far off, it is disgusting.  Do what you want as a company, it is your right, just always remember no matter what or how we do things in life there will always be those debbie downers and followers "cough cough" who jump ship.

Everyone is so eager to scream & shout do this, do that...... But from a business stand point you cannot approach it that way.  For an example if MxGP was to add a clutch it could throw off the ENTIRE physics of the game.

Chris Blose
Ivan Tedesco
Michael Blose
Jason McTygue
Sean Hamblin
Destry Abbott

Which above names have All played mxvsatv, mxgp, mxsim which they chose #MxGPVideoGame as there favorite (ALL-AROUND) Game.

2nd- Was MxvsATV Reflex 3rd- MxvsAtv Alive 4th- MXSIM (TOO IN DEPTH FOR A DEMOGRAPHIC GAME, THESE GUYS DO IT FOR A LIVING)

(Just My 2 Cents)

#TheRealJM

GDUBMX

Quote from: THERealJM on May 02, 2014, 10:44:00 AM
Its proven everyday, that our fan base of a community is so far off, it is disgusting.  Do what you want as a company, it is your right, just always remember no matter what or how we do things in life there will always be those debbie downers and followers "cough cough" who jump ship.

Everyone is so eager to scream & shout do this, do that...... But from a business stand point you cannot approach it that way.  For an example if MxGP was to add a clutch it could throw off the ENTIRE physics of the game.

Chris Blose
Ivan Tedesco
Michael Blose
Jason McTygue
Sean Hamblin
Destry Abbott

Which above names have All played mxvsatv, mxgp, mxsim which they chose #MxGPVideoGame as there favorite (ALL-AROUND) Game.

2nd- Was MxvsATV Reflex 3rd- MxvsAtv Alive 4th- MXSIM (TOO IN DEPTH FOR A DEMOGRAPHIC GAME, THESE GUYS DO IT FOR A LIVING)

(Just My 2 Cents)

#TheRealJM
What are you talking about Couch????   Who cares about what those riders think about Mxgp.. this is a thread about Steam greenlight. Have you ever posted a comment that actually makes sense lol?? you baffle me mate,sorry.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yeh also confused. So a bunch of people were paid to say they love mxgp?

ChrisK

+1 what is he talking about? last post also i dont understand "gaming"

MXK_cdub85

He speaks in riddles and #hashtags lol. Never been able to see his point. I'm sure now that he gets a commission for spreading mxgp praise.

onlyonetone

Did he just hash tag his own name... :o

Jamieke22

i cant buy it on here thats my problem im from Belgium and i have maestro
thats why i need steam

Snappe

To get on Steam we would need to go through the 'Greenlight' process... I very much doubt that MXB would get through (at this stage, anyway...)

GDUBMX

October 14, 2014, 06:22:10 PM #42 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:25:09 PM by gdubmx
Set up a PayPal.. Plus I'm now in the other side of the debate about having certain games on steam. They would take 30% of the sale leaving team piboso a little amount to progress with updates.  And snappe.. It would defo be a done deal if it did get greenlite! :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BOBR6 84

If MXB or GPB went on steam, would that affect modding in any way?

From what I see so far for gpbikes the base sim is 1 track and 4 bikes! Everything else is created/ported by the modders!

Whilst piboso continues to develope the physics side..

I guess mxbikes will take the same route as gpbikes in being a hardcore sim! For enthusiasts..

I race bikes like many others on these forums. Find it hard to go back to normal games now because these sims hit the spot for me!
Id say steam would be a waste of time.. (im not saying dont try) but the fan base will always be small compared to the usual ''games''. Lets be honest most people just want to pick up and play..

janaucarre

I'm not against steam but not only steam, we must have the choice to use it or no.
Many games cannot be played without steam servers, and i really dońt like this.
For those who wants, why not, but i don't need to have something wich makes all i can do by myself.
One more thing: If mxbikes goes on steam as a beta, many persons will complain about this, about that, and so and so(we have seen that about GPBikes without steam) because many people doesn't know what means BETA.