• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:13:20 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Steam Greenlight

Started by GDUBMX, April 25, 2014, 05:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moto28

I honestly dont like the idea of it being on steam just for the fact i feel like it will ofcourse attract alot more attention ( Good for Pib ) However may not be good for MXB. I feel like it will attract an audience who isnt as serious about the sport or know really what they are doing, talking about and may cause extra stress and confusion. Also i feel like there would be a few of those guys who dont even treat it like a simulation and try and make it into an arcade-ish game of some sort. My opinion ofcourse  ;D

thisisdef

I say it never hurts to try ;) Plus alpha/ beta games are HUGE on steam!
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

HornetMaX

Quote from: uollie on April 26, 2014, 04:22:19 PM
Why do people never say why they don't like Steam? Every time it seems like it's just blanket statements. Do you guys who don't like it, not like it because you have to simply log in? The layout is confusing to you? What is it? Have any of you guys even used Steam in the last year or two?
I used steam a tiny bit and, if possible, I prefer to avoid it (but not as much as Origin, which was a real nightmare).

Reasons:

• One extra thing to download/update/run.
  • I don't need most of its features: chat --> teamspeak/mumble, screen capture/recording --> msi afterburner, etc.
  • I hate all the advertising flying around: I don't care about "Euro Subway Simulator 3.5" or "Zombiemania United". Stop spamming me, thanks.
  • I hate all the attempts to lock you into a single system.

To be honest, I don't think it's bad at what it does, it's just that I'm not that interested in what it does.

And I prefer a small good community to a giant crappy one.

MaX.

thisisdef

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 16, 2014, 12:07:31 AM
Quote from: uollie on April 26, 2014, 04:22:19 PM
Why do people never say why they don't like Steam? Every time it seems like it's just blanket statements. Do you guys who don't like it, not like it because you have to simply log in? The layout is confusing to you? What is it? Have any of you guys even used Steam in the last year or two?
I used steam a tiny bit and, if possible, I prefer to avoid it (but not as much as Origin, which was a real nightmare).

Reasons:

• One extra thing to download/update/run.
  • I don't need most of its features: chat --> teamspeak/mumble, screen capture/recording --> msi afterburner, etc.
  • I hate all the advertising flying around: I don't care about "Euro Subway Simulator 3.5" or "Zombiemania United". Stop spamming me, thanks.
  • I hate all the attempts to lock you into a single system.

To be honest, I don't think it's bad at what it does, it's just that I'm not that interested in what it does.

And I prefer a small good community to a giant crappy one.

MaX.

Amen to origin haha. I like steam and add non-steam games like MX-bikes to my library to quickly launch it. I like steam as a convenience and don't necessarily need it for the store. The store helps me find good deals on games though =).
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.