• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:36:48 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Thoughts on paying for content?

Started by PizzaChet, May 24, 2016, 08:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: gdubmx on May 26, 2016, 11:02:21 AM
Shame we are so far off that though with that dogshit netcode and core.exes,replay buffer sizes, draw distances etc.  Maybe one day when the game is finished..someone told me gpb has been in beta since 08!!
That's not entirely correct: for a while it was in alpha :)

ChrisK

yep, because Piboso working on to much games.

IS he making the TT game now? was reading about it 1 year ago

RiccoChicco

Paying for mods, or how to make a divided community.

Seriously, I can't imagine one day to make mods for money, it's just wrong. As a modder, I do everything purely because I like to create mods as a personal challenge and for my personal use and if I'm quite proud of my work, I share it to make other people enjoy new content! If you want to make money, just get a job!

I think a donate button is a good idea, since no one has to pay for new unofficial content but can participate to help a modder to pay for some tools to improve his workflow, hoping to have better mods for the future. As MaX said, the idea to participate to buy a new 3D model is also a good idea if the modder doesn't come from nowhere.

Vortex_Damien

Quote from: TheFatController on May 26, 2016, 10:33:21 AM
I do like the idea of everyone paying say £10 to enter a race series and 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall get a percentage of the pot, it would encourage everyone to take the series more seriously, more competetively and is a low cost bit of fun... But that's more of a gambling style of payout I guess, not so much paying for content.

This is the exact idea i had for a series ;)

PizzaChet

Thanks for all of the measured, mature responses guys! The entry fee is a very reasonable idea. Keeps it mostly to serious racers. Mostly.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Scuzzy285

actually i can agree with paying 15 0r 20 usd to race a series i think it would be taken alot more serious that way and those who get 1st 2nd and 3rd would get part of the prize pool
Aerial Racing Team