• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:22:43 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

pro rider stability and direct lean ??!!!

Started by bikelife frex, May 25, 2016, 09:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikelife frex

i need to know by a pro if in this game we need to drop the stability help each time you get beter and beter...
if not i want the pro setup stability and direct lean % thxx

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's all about finding a set up that works for you. Plenty of threads here if you search.

Also I think PiBoSo stated this beta was built to be ridden with 100% stability. I guess that means any less and you're making it harder on yourself, mastering any less than 100% won't make you faster, but finding something that works for you will.

GDUBMX

Just to add to fats comment, I've messed around a lot with lean percentage and stability, I got used to the 1st beta which used default around 20 percent.  So I ride at 25 direct lean. The stability however is similar to mx sim,however way less punishing.the lower the value the more loose and movement you gain at the cost of stability of course. I find it much more difficult to ride on anything lower that 50 really.  The higher values though still allow you to scrub and whips etc,just not as gnarly as a lower value. I ride at 70 or 80 I think which is fine. It's all down to you and it's all about lap after lap of fast, clean, consistent fun. That's all that matters. So far there hasnt been a duck measuring  contest about who rides at 0 or 100.

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

StoneRider

i get used to 100 DL and 0 stab help. It improve my movements a lot but i have to be careful and gentle with the analogs. i really like it that way. i can really attack turns and go out of it sideways and still can catch it up. i can scrub, whip and turn harder. i'm one of the fastest guys in this game but i'm not really consistent... that's the biggest problem with my setup. but as soon as i get fully used to it, i hope i will be unstopable !! :D

and i personally think that is better to ride with no stab help. A lot harder for sure, but it's the best way to be fast. Fatty and Gdub are riding since the beta 3 (or more), i ride since B4 and (no offense guys) i think i'm faster in pure speed, on one lap, with any bike. And i think that's a lot because of my stab setup. i also know that fatty ride with stock suspension setup. correct me if i'm wrong but... i hope you'll keep riding stock man ! x)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Yes I'm stock set ups all the way.. And have been here riding since day one of the first beta ;)

Stone I dare you to say that while riding the msm!  :P hehe..

StoneRider

remember ! i won my first ever race on this game with the msm and you were there ! :P but, well... now...? i won't bet on me x) hey fat, btw, the more i work on my bikes, the more i'm thinking that's you're may be right about keeping the same original msm engine file on all the bikes. the geom make a great difference by itself and it's may be enough. To avoid the risk that all the riders are riding the same bike. honestly, the husky, the ktm and the kawi are better than other bikes. Like IRL but... in a game.. may be we should just keep the same engine for all bike.

Wedgewood

Quote from: StoneRider on May 25, 2016, 12:52:12 PM
i get used to 100 DL and 0 stab help. It improve my movements a lot but i have to be careful and gentle with the analogs. i really like it that way. i can really attack turns and go out of it sideways and still can catch it up. i can scrub, whip and turn harder. i'm one of the fastest guys in this game but i'm not really consistent... that's the biggest problem with my setup. but as soon as i get fully used to it, i hope i will be unstopable !! :D

and i personally think that is better to ride with no stab help. A lot harder for sure, but it's the best way to be fast. Fatty and Gdub are riding since the beta 3 (or more), i ride since B4 and (no offense guys) i think i'm faster in pure speed, on one lap, with any bike. And i think that's a lot because of my stab setup. i also know that fatty ride with stock suspension setup. correct me if i'm wrong but... i hope you'll keep riding stock man ! x)

I've been using 100 stability so I can make clean laps without crashing out, but after reading this I might take it down to 0 for a while to see if I can improve my speed.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: StoneRider on May 25, 2016, 05:07:22 PM
remember ! i won my first ever race on this game with the msm and you were there ! :P but, well... now...? i won't bet on me x) hey fat, btw, the more i work on my bikes, the more i'm thinking that's you're may be right about keeping the same original msm engine file on all the bikes. the geom make a great difference by itself and it's may be enough. To avoid the risk that all the riders are riding the same bike. honestly, the husky, the ktm and the kawi are better than other bikes. Like IRL but... in a game.. may be we should just keep the same engine for all bike.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast  ;D

StoneRider

Quote from: wedgewood on May 25, 2016, 05:29:48 PM
Quote from: StoneRider on May 25, 2016, 12:52:12 PM

i did it gradually from 100 to 0. 20 by 20.

I've been using 100 stability so I can make clean laps without crashing out, but after reading this I might take it down to 0 for a while to see if I can improve my speed.

BadStar

May 25, 2016, 07:07:48 PM #9 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:11:36 PM by BadStar
We all ride with dramatic differences in control settings.. and really not super dramatic differences in lap times.. so I'm guessing if you turn your controller upside down and u enjoy it, it will work out well!

I mean really.. Snappe's set up is hands down the strangest thing I've read and he is a dev lol

I also think stone is just fast, maybe he should try the controller upside down for a bit  :P

100% Direct Lean
100% Stability
100% middle of the pack kinda skill
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

bikelife frex

Yes there is a lot of talk about this but it is dont matter for me cuz we are in the present (beta 4) not in the past with the last beta soo... thx for all of os it anwser my question but we need to continue work together to find the best setup.... i will make a new topic that probably help ..

BadStar

I take PiBoSo's (the devs) word on that stability should be at 100%...maybe one day Ill play with it at les than 100.. Everything else would be user preference imo. Direct lean I prefer on 100% but that's bc I like the bike to stand back up when  I released the steering.

I guess I'm saying that it will come down to actual bike set up and player skill.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

bikelife frex

If geofanatec talk in this topic about is dl and stab setup that would be really cool and good info lol

Scuzzy285

its all about your setup but the one that fits you. me personaly i use 100 direct lean then 28 stability and you wont really find fast times ive made thats because online i use the newly modeled bikes kxf crf etc but people here can vouch for me if they choose to i am fast and not just a idiot spouting words
Aerial Racing Team