• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:32:04 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

BETA - SX2016 Rd2: SanDiego

Started by Asdrael, May 30, 2016, 01:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asdrael

May 30, 2016, 01:06:46 AM Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:11:40 AM by Asdrael
EDIT: TRACK RELEASED HERE DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS BETA

Hi.

As I wanted to learn how to use photoshop, I made my first track over the week end. Shoutout to geofanatec for the tutorial - cheers!

This is a replica of the second  round of the supercross series of this year, based on the blueprint.

It currently is simply a track - there are no objects or fancy surroundings (this is for next week end :d ). I'm releasing it for initial feedback as I have reached the stage where I curse my skill more than the track for my falls.

What to expect:

• A 1:1 replica as much as the physics allow - the tables and the "3-5-3" have different heights, but the spacing are per blueprint.
  • Some rythms have different lines (not the table lines yet though)
  • The whoops are rather easy (for now) but will get higher soon enough.
  • To change your stability settings to higher than what you use for MX
  • Around 1:10 is a decent lap on a 250F.
  • Check "pre-triple table" height and ratios.
  • All supercross triples are easily doable on a 250F. There is a trick for each one.
Known issues and unsatisfactory points:

• Sometimes, the escape key doesn't work. You need to do Alt-Esc (wut?).
  • The space between the 2 first table sometimes makes you endo.
  • The finish line jump doesn't give the "finish line jump woowoo" feeling. I fiddled around without fixing it, advice welcome.
  • The longest rythm section is wierd but is exactly like the blueprint says (3-5-3-4-4-4-4-4-3-5-3). it doesn't cope very well with the physics atm so I might just go ahead and put the 4' as 3'.
Have fun, and feedback welcome and appreciated! Now that I have a workflow down, it's relatively easy with the way I set it up for me to do other SX tracks as soon as I / we are happy enough with this.

DL : https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqz598f7koeu86a/SX%2716%20Rd02-BETA.zip?dl=0

CURRENT TO DO AND IMPROVE - MAJOR THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK:
  • Fix textures - dirt color is darker than stadium surface, outside stadium texture to be found.
  • Copy the first supercross triple jump to the second triple and finish jump.
  • Check the "pretriple tables" height ratios.
  • Potentially homogenize obstacles - 1 model for all of the same type
  • shorten + increase heigh of the flat of the finish landing.
  • Change up layout blueprint -> real (turn after finish, rythm, smaller last bumps, 35344444353 to 35333333352).
  • Add a lip to the tables tops.
  • Increase the whoops size and spacing slightly.
  • "Bowlify" the berms.
  • Lightning to increase the contrast and separation between jumps.
    • Widen the 5 in the 3-5-3.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Wedgewood

Great track,  The  rhythm sections are awesome.  The dirt has very low contrast and It makes the berms look like jumps,  changing the sun location/angle may give it a bit more contrast.  Thanks for the upload and keep up the good work.

Paradox28

very nice work!  Even though I really really suck at SX style riding, the jumps are all doable and scaled well.  The second big triple seems to have a really high kick to the take-off?  The one after the whoops section.  Could be my lack of skill but thats something that stuck out to me.  Other than that, I need some SX riding tips and tricks! lol

StoneRider

YEY !! i just love SX and your track is riding good ! a did a 1.02 on a 250 and what i can say so far is that this track is a really good begening. The jumps feels great but i think that's impossible to do 2-3 or even 3-2 on the first part of the long rythme. I got the speed at the end of the turn to make 3-2 but i just go over the bar between jumps. the second triple kick off i lil too much a think. my bikes want to do flips her. the section with the 3 table top is really cool but with the 250, my rear wheel tap every jumps. i just can't pass clean.
and for the final jumps, may be to put the kick of a big triple and just do the reception were you land ! :) oh, and i can't hit the triple just before. to hard so i have to go 1-2 and i loose soooo much time.

anyway, it's really cool to see an sx track in progress cheers mate and good luck. you're on the right way for sure thanks man !!

OH ! and may be you can make your burms higher and stiffer. steeper. you know what i mean ? (sorry for my english)

Asdrael

May 30, 2016, 11:53:02 AM #4 Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 12:00:53 PM by senensis
Thanks all for the feedback. I appreciate it a lot and it will make the next iteration better than I could just riding it alone.

Quote from: wedgewood
Great track,  The  rhythm sections are awesome.  The dirt has very low contrast and It makes the berms look like jumps,  changing the sun location/angle may give it a bit more contrast.  Thanks for the upload and keep up the good work.
Thanks. I was planning on doing lighting asap, as the contrast will help.

Quote from: Paradox28
very nice work!  Even though I really really suck at SX style riding, the jumps are all doable and scaled well.  The second big triple seems to have a really high kick to the take-off?  The one after the whoops section.  Could be my lack of skill but thats something that stuck out to me.  Other than that, I need some SX riding tips and tricks! lol
Thanks. The second triple is almost exactly like the first one (a few pixel difference), but it does start fairly close to the end of the previous table, which makes the suspension compress more. I might reduce its height slightly because it's fairly easy to overjump anyway, and that wil reduce the compression problem. Be careful you are not wheeling on the downside of this table too ;) Although, it's supercross, so expect to stiffen your fork quite a bit (2 clicks at least) compared to your typical MX.

Quote from: StoneRiderYEY !! i just love SX and your track is riding good ! a did a 1.02 on a 250 and what i can say so far is that this track is a really good begening. The jumps feels great but i think that's impossible to do 2-3 or even 3-2 on the first part of the long rythme. I got the speed at the end of the turn to make 3-2 but i just go over the bar between jumps. the second triple kick off i lil too much a think. my bikes want to do flips her. the section with the 3 table top is really cool but with the 250, my rear wheel tap every jumps. i just can't pass clean.
and for the final jumps, may be to put the kick of a big triple and just do the reception were you land ! :) oh, and i can't hit the triple just before. to hard so i have to go 1-2 and i loose soooo much time.

anyway, it's really cool to see an sx track in progress cheers mate and good luck. you're on the right way for sure thanks man !!

OH ! and may be you can make your burms higher and stiffer. steeper. you know what i mean ? (sorry for my english)
  • 1.02 is a very good lap. I guess you are going 2-3 after the starting line ;)
  • Point noted on the long rythm section. I just can't get it to flow. I have some ideas that I will try asap for the next beta.
  • For the second triple take-off and the finish line, I think I'll just straight-up copy the first one. Actually, I may do that with each obstacle type (3', 4', 5', Triples, etc). I have a 3' I really like (the first one after the starting line), same for the Triple. That will also ease the transition to other tracks, just copy-pasting layers.
  • The tables have a small dip in their middle to give them a kick without removing the option to land in-between. This is to compensate for the difficulty of making the bike bump with just the rider movement. Dip will be increased (from 10 to 20% of height I think) next beta.
  • Berms will be more bowl-like for next beta. I found the way to do this properly now.
2 questions:
- How are the whoops? I feel they are too easy now, so they will likely get 15% higher next beta (if you are struggling - 3/4 lean back, 1/2 throttle in second gear should pass you easy).
-  Do you guys get the Escape key issue?
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

StoneRider

Quote from: senensis on May 30, 2016, 11:53:02 AM
- How are the whoops? I feel they are too easy now, so they will likely get 15% higher next beta (if you are struggling - 3/4 lean back, 1/2 throttle in second gear should pass you easy).
-  Do you guys get the Escape key issue?

well, i pass the whoops section in second gear full throttle without moving my rider. i don't even lean back and it work great. But it's not realistic at all a think. but it's really diffucult to make good whoops in this game.
and nope, i don't have the echap key issue :)

Asdrael

Quote from: StoneRider on May 30, 2016, 12:15:08 PM
ell, i pass the whoops section in second gear full throttle without moving my rider. i don't even lean back and it work great. But it's not realistic at all a think. but it's really diffucult to make good whoops in this game.
and nope, i don't have the echap key issue :)
Great. The whoops were intentionnally easy to not make them a focus point for people. Increasing their size by 15% make them -imo- more difficult but not random. And glad to know for the escape key.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

ZATOX02 [FR]

very good track will asked me to training  ;D