• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:34:34 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Fbx2Edf Converter .tga overwrite?

Started by Vortex_Damien, June 04, 2016, 01:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex_Damien

Hey, it seems when i change a normal map or something in my .fbm folder and try to convert it the converter overwrites my changes and brings back the outdated map. any ideas if its my end or not?

pacopastor34

I use 3dMax and no problem with that. When I make changes on any map I always replace in 3D Max the main texture in 3D Model. I don't know why but sometimes having all the maps in the folder is not enough. It's necessary load the main tga again in 3ds. Do you use blender?  I think it's not fbxconverter problem. It's a problem with the fbx file.

MUD

re-reference the new file in the program or
save the desired file with a new name and re-reference it or
Sometimes you have to manually delete the texture file through the editor, then replace it with the new one.
Other times you'll have to MANUALLY copy the entire model wireframe and add the new texture file(s)

3Dmax references a lot of internally saved files. After a while it just assumes you're referencing the same unedited file and you have to create a new file to reference the edited file, It's been an issue for a longtime. If you're not careful it'll go ballistic and turn into the Terminator.

BadStar

I actually think this is close to what my issue is with objects not workin.. damn terminator has arrived at my house.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime