• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:00:00 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

File sizes/CRF Help

Started by nickuzick, June 06, 2016, 03:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickuzick

June 06, 2016, 03:57:40 PM Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:01:57 PM by nickuzick
Curious why all the bikes that have imported models are all 100mb+ for 1 bike? To get the set you need to download another 100mb+ file. What are the sizes so big?

nickuzick

Don't want to make a new topic for this but how would I go about making graphics for an imported model? I already have a png of the same model with the graphics applied and I would like to add it as a .pnt.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

There are a few tutorials floating about on the forum, but you can always check out http://www.mxb-central.com/tutorials/

And of course, the documentation page is worth a bookmark http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

pacopastor34

I guess the bike files size is because they didn't remove the MSM model files. Only it's necessary left the temporary bike model of you don't want to create another. I think they replace all the models and the shadows models. Maybe the big textures it's another reason. 3 Mudlayers, 1Main textures, 1 norm 2048x2048 or 4096x4096.

nickuzick

How would I import my crf skin? Is there a way one of you could show me how the UV looks? No idea if you changed shit around or not

pacopastor34

Quote from: nickuzick on June 06, 2016, 05:05:40 PM
How would I import my crf skin? Is there a way one of you could show me how the UV looks? No idea if you changed shit around or not

Enter mxb-central.com and read the tutorials. And please be nice here. The model used for the CRF is JAKAW's and StoneRider pasted the link to the template, if you check the template you will know if it fits or not with your skin. Lets look for it.

nickuzick

I have the same model from mxs. I'm just curious if it was in the same unwrapping.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Follow the tutorial and download painted, using painted you can open existing paint files and extract the .tga. Should be able to tell then if the template is the same.

Just for the record, everything in MXB is .tga..

nickuzick

I've put skins in game, created some, all that. I opened the .pnt and the only file in there was a wheels.targa

𝖙𝖋𝖈

On smooth.. Guess that's StoneRider being true to not releasing templates ;)

nickuzick

Opened the Husky and that seems to be the same layout. Should I just save a tga and name it crf?

nickuzick

June 06, 2016, 07:07:51 PM #11 Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 07:12:20 PM by nickuzick
So it's the same unwrapping. Replaced the default, have an idea how to make it it's own file but I got it in game.

Is it possible to overwrite the normal map by putting a norm in the folder? Or will it mesh both norms together?

Addition: I tried to get it in game so it doesn't overwrite the default. Only changed the name of the files as well as added a wheel.tga
The folder looks like this
It works with the tga being named "crf" and no wheel.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

If whoever created a model used a normal map called bike_n.tga (for example) you can add a new normal map called bike_n.tga to the same folder your paint is in. Painted will then read it and pack it with your paint, replacing the one that comes with the model.

Not at computer right now but think the default bike might be livery.tga and livery_n.tga.. Not sure what was used / named here.

nickuzick

Norm works as it should now, thanks.
Really not sure how to make it it's own selection in the menu and have it working, but I'll just have it replace the default for now and keep a copy of the original just in case.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You just give it it's own name in Painted?