• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:18:22 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Thursday Night Motocross 2015

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 08, 2016, 10:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

June 10, 2016, 11:15:00 AM #30 Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:40:56 AM by pacopastor34
Quote from: gdubmx on June 10, 2016, 10:50:30 AM
We should have a big session on this track tonight! 20 man gates..  Yeaaaahhh!
Before or after The MX1 race?

Edit: I miss you on yesterday's race!! Will you race tonight?

GDUBMX

Hey guys,  anyone is free to join me and fats tonight on Tnmx for a decent session!  Be around 9-10pm UK time if you wanna join. Hopefully the gtx servers are back up and hopefully teeds will add the rmz to the Mxb servers :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Seeing as no-one is racing tonight would be nice to see a good turn out!

pacopastor34

Quote from: gdubmx on June 11, 2016, 07:22:58 PM
Hey guys,  anyone is free to join me and fats tonight on Tnmx for a decent session!  Be around 9-10pm UK time if you wanna join. Hopefully the gtx servers are back up and hopefully teeds will add the rmz to the Mxb servers :)

me!

MxFelix

ChrisK

im watchting england-russia, after that im ready

GDUBMX

OK chances are I'll be running late..  The joys of having 3 sons who all decide to piss about before bedtime!   >:(
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

BadStar

Wish I could join u but it's only about 2:30pm here and my g/f is dragging me all over town.. :-\

Won't be home for a bit.
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

PizzaChet

I've been downloading stuff trying to get all up to date so I can try to join a server again. After the 29th I'll have way more free time and want to see how fast some of yall are.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Will be on more like 10 UK time, just having dinner...

PizzaChet

June 12, 2016, 12:13:58 AM #40 Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:08:56 AM by PizzaChet
I have the required bikes pack(thanks for the high-speed d/l!) and now have all the tracks from MXBC!
Is there anybody...out there? Answer:6. That was fun racing until it finally cored. That was easy getting on and people came and went many times before it crashed.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

BadStar

June 14, 2016, 05:08:58 PM #41 Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:12:30 PM by BadStar
Hey Fats and anyone else who knows more about TNMX irl..

There are 2 sections that throw red flags up for me in my mind as to being realistic or not..but I really don't know the real life set up vs mxb so please help me understand!

The first in question is the 2 small tables on the back,  how do the 250's and 450's handle this? Does anyone actually clear the 2 small tables? I am seeing everyone land flat on top and curious to know if that will be a "game" advantage.

The 2nd is the Small table with the big table.. it seems that you can only either roll the small table and clear the big.. or go as fast as possible and land flat on top of the big table, which seems like another "game" advantage. (referring to the section after the long right hand turn)

What I mean by game advantage is that, the game is allowing us to do this but is not realistic and will require everyone to attempt this type of jump or get lost in the wind bc its so much faster to land far and flat on these tables?

Any chance on shortening the gap from the small table to the large so we can make it to the landing ramp or make the approach much more rough so you have to roll the first table?

Awesome track btw, one of my favs.. this is just question and conversation.. Thanks again!!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

June 14, 2016, 05:30:26 PM #42 Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:32:12 PM by TheFatController
Totally get your points here, and these two sections were the main reason I would have rather finished the 2014 / 2013 (can't quite figure out which) layout. Where the table table after the finish line is there was a step down and where the table table double is there was a double table triple. But all evidence of that layout seems to be void on the internet these days! Decided to go with the very latest layout mainly to keep up with the times but also because Google Earth seems to show all the jumps in 3d which helped with placement.

Please don't take the following the wrong way, I did a lot of research when building this track so had it all from memory, and in case others have similar concerns it makes sense for me to post this:

See this video and see how the 450's ride it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syopQMGXYYw

Referencing the video:

1:04 Doesn't slow up enough and cases the table - table after finish line lol..

2:40 Starts hitting the small table to big table top now the pack has spaced out a bit and continues to do so.

3:14 Hits the table - table after finish line.

All of this is easily possible on the 450, when testing I was hitting the table - table after finish line every lap, and the small to big table top landing. The small to big table top landing is doable on the 250 but it's a real leap of faith, you have to rail the corner all the way up and down just like the guy does in the video to maintain speed. I kind of like having this kind of jump in the track as it's risk / reward. I messed it up the other night and ended up finishing last!

The table-table after finish line is probably doable on a 250f with the right setup, but you'd have to nail the corner perfectly. I've come very close, landing back wheel on the top and front wheel on the downslope sending me over the bars, but the risk of sliding out the berm or coming up short just isn't worth it in a race.

Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGJCJ0Bf8wM < This is from the 2016 opener, lots of mixed class riding throughout the video so not sure what is what.

2:30 riders take the inside line over the roller and take each table in the table - table after finish. I did this one lap online the other night and had the fastest lap of that race.

2:49 Not sure what class this is but this guy catches some serious air on the table - table after finish and lands on the flat top of the 2nd table. Guessing it's MX2 or he was just going too slow, either way a fast line for MX2, a case in MX1 lol.

Hope that helps, I had the same concerns when making the track but the fact you can hit the same lines on the same bikes just reinforces my belief that this is a true 1:1 replica! 8) My opinion is that the track is about as technical as it gets in MXB right now, slow lines, fast lines, fast lines that look slow, braking bumps, tight sections, having to slow up is something lots of guys are not used to in games!

BadStar

Indeed!! Not taking the wrong way at all, I was hoping for information exactly like you have posted, so thank you!!

I actually love technical, the more the better. I am a sim nerd.. DCS a-10's for example.. so I love the challenge. I just wanted to make sure that the guys who don't "slow up" are not taking advantage of the "game' aspect and making us all take advantage as well. Since it is actually a challenging leap on the 250's irl but doable (as I do most laps) then I am happy to continue the decision to make the leap or not!!

Thx for the good info, it helps me enjoy it bc I am a realism nerd/snob :)
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

pacopastor34

I really love that track, but I'm having problems in testing mode. I get core always I play, sometimes at the first lap, sometimes at lap 4 or 5. I know it's because of the graphics. It happens to me always with your tracks. I think my graphic card can't manage your tracks and the game get core error. I use to play all the games that I want without problems, only low fps(24,25fps) if the graphics quality are in Ultra or sometimes with High. But with this game get core instead of having fps issues. I don't want to put the graphics in low!!!

Does this track use 4K textures?

It's my favorite track and I can't play without issues.