• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:37:27 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Thursday Night Motocross 2015

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, June 08, 2016, 10:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

June 14, 2016, 05:46:53 PM #45 Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:57:02 PM by BadStar
Hey Paco, for now the graphics actually don't look to bad with a few options lowered until the beta gets better optimized.

Turn off things like 3d grass and reflections etc.. keep textures high and see how it goes.. just keep tweaking until core's reduce.. doubt you have to "lower" too much..

Edit* I wonder.. since things like collision and deform make online play crash easy (hopefully fixed later), I am curious what else we can disable for now to make everything work better without sacrificing graphics.. I get rare core's with everything on max but I understand all of our hardware is diff. I turned 3d grass, reflections, shadow to off just to help make sure I don't core in an online event.  So, I'm curious to know if things like dirt building on goggles being disabled until further optimizations would help people avoid the memory bottle neck that causes the core. I would hate to see it go, but also particle's behind the rear wheel good be an issue also? (spoken like a true amateur)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

pacopastor34

June 14, 2016, 05:54:33 PM #46 Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:56:20 PM by pacopastor34
Quote from: BadStar on June 14, 2016, 05:46:53 PM
Hey Paco, for now the graphics actually don't look to bad with a few options lowered until the beta gets better optimized.

Turn off things like 3d grass and reflections etc.. keep textures high and see how it goes.. just keep tweaking until core's reduce.. doubt you have to "lower" too much..

Since the first Red bud race I keep 3d Grass and reflections off. I can test in the rest of TFC tracks. I said this happened in all TFC tracks but actually it doesn't happen in the rest of them since I turned off the reflections and 3d grass.

I don't know what happens with TNMX. It was love at the first sight with that track but I can't play without a core!!! haha.  :(

BadStar

Yea, tnmx has a lot going on in a small space.. so maybe that means having to turn off another setting or two for tnmx nights.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

pacopastor34

Quote from: BadStar on June 14, 2016, 05:59:02 PM
Yea, tnmx has a lot going on in a small space.. so maybe that means having to turn off another setting or two for tnmx nights.

True, I am going to tweak all the options for a bit. I want to be ready for the TNMX nights.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Collisions don't cause crashes, but when a player rubber bands or lags all over you're liable to get knocked the **** out! lol..

We were racing on Forest in the early days of Beta 4 and geo was about 20 feet ahead of me, he lagged / rubber banded back, hit me, knocked me off and carried on happily haha :D

Sure collisions will be run with better netcode ;)

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on June 14, 2016, 06:10:38 PM
Collisions don't cause crashes, but when a player rubber bands or lags all over you're liable to get knocked the **** out! lol..

We were racing on Forest in the early days of Beta 4 and geo was about 20 feet ahead of me, he lagged / rubber banded back, hit me, knocked me off and carried on happily haha :D

hahaha, you made me remember that bugs when I just had bought the game and I was testing the online. Suddenly you were riding and someone appeared there from nowhere and hit you.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: pacopastor34 on June 14, 2016, 06:21:29 PM
Quote from: TheFatController on June 14, 2016, 06:10:38 PM

hahaha, you made me remember that bugs when I just had bought the game and I was testing the online. Suddenly you were riding and someone appeared there from nowhere and hit you.

Haha yup, don't need that in GTX!

BadStar

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

PizzaChet

Quote from: BadStar on June 14, 2016, 05:08:58 PM...anyone else who knows more about TNMX irl....the game is allowing us to do this but is not realistic and will require everyone to attempt this type of jump or get lost in the wind bc its so much faster to land far and flat on these tables?
In real life, those two tables are usually a double with a high lip on the first jump. Also, in real life the start/finish is the jump after crossing the start straight. There's usually about 4 or 5 different layouts run throughout the season.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I found that, very hard to find a consistent layout! Still, a good tech track, very sx-ish, translates very well to mxb!

pacopastor34

Quote from: TheFatController on June 14, 2016, 07:00:20 PM
I found that, very hard to find a consistent layout! Still, a good tech track, very sx-ish, translates very well to mxb!

Finally I can play more than 4-5 laps turning down texture quality and I would say that track is the most addictive ever done. Thank you, is the kind of track I love. It's nice to go full throttle over the outside berms. Congratulations again master.

Paradox28

Best track made for the game so far....well, and Glen Helen, too!  As for the tables and such...after the finish line jump, I can only flat land the second tabletop even on a 450 taking the outside berm and running 3rd/4th gear.  I could PROBABLY land on the downside but its way too inconsistent to really try.  The set after the long right hander, I basically roll the first then jump table, double.  I can flat land on the top of that big table too but it feels kind of cheesy to me.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You should be able to make the table - table in 2nd on the 450.

As for cheesy yes, I kind of agree, but it's a line that was used in real life and is definitely faster than slowing up. ;)

pacopastor34

I love those do or die sections. Quite hard but very fun. It's hard to keep on lapping without a crash in the tabletop before the leap with 250f (if you want to land flat on the tabletop).

Paradox28

so whats some times you guys are hitting.  Fastest I've gone on my 450 is 1:18..thats doubling the first table section and jumping to flat on the big one after the right hander.  I don't think it matters much which way you do the first two tables, though.