• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:59:15 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MXbikes Server - Rider Requirements

Started by teeds, June 10, 2016, 01:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umpossible

Just a quick question:

Is there anyway I can have a server open for a week without actually having my MX-Bikes open in the application for the whole week? I know this can be done in MX-Sim but I'm not sure if the same applies here.

I was hoping to open up this server for the FLCS2, so I can scrap the screenshots and then just have that server open, then when the round ends, I can see all the data like each persons fastest laps. I don't mind if I have to pay to open this server.

This way, people can go into the server anytime when the round is open and put down laps whenever they want, then i have the data there.

teeds

You can run a dedicated server? There's an "open-practice" mode now that has no time limits I believe. Not sure about recording times, they can be saved upon session end but not sure how the practice mode will deal with this as you will need to just close the server and no session will end effectively, needs testing. If not you could always run a practice session for a week if needed, when it ends the data will be saved, just gotta hope it doesn't crash before the times are saved.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Umpossible

Quote from: teeds on June 15, 2018, 09:47:57 AM
You can run a dedicated server? There's an "open-practice" mode now that has no time limits I believe. Not sure about recording times, they can be saved upon session end but not sure how the practice mode will deal with this as you will need to just close the server and no session will end effectively, needs testing. If not you could always run a practice session for a week if needed, when it ends the data will be saved, just gotta hope it doesn't crash before the times are saved.

Thanks, how do I open this dedicated server? Sorry, I'm not great with this sort of stuff. Also,

teeds

Start here http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=197.0

You need to forward the ports you decide to use to the pc running the dedi server, this is done on your router.

teeds

Zakpainter20

Hi guys. How do I update online races? It's saying I'm useing an old version but I'm on beta 18. Cheers

Zakpainter20

Hi guys. I'm having problems with racing online. Says I need to update and I'm iseing a old version but I'm running beta 18. Any advice? Cheers